Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2964 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:elizajo

About elizajostar
LA USA
Member since: 4/15/05
Posted on:4/4/07 4:05 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
elizajo said... (3/13/09 3:51 PM) Reply
Hatbuddy, Do you have enough of your fabric to cut bias strips for self-fabric bindings? You could also use scraps of lining fabric if you don't have enough of the blouse fabric-- that's what I did when I made the final blouse out of an eyelet print.
HatBuddy said... (3/10/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Help! What did you buy and use for the sleeve bias tape interfacing. The only 1 5/8 inch bias tape I found has no stretch or give to it so it doesnt stretch any to fit the curves of the armhole. It also wont lie flat. The fabric I used is 100% cotton even though a firmer stiffer thicker fabric was called for in the pattern I wanted a very thin light summer weight for the muggy hot sticky summer days. But the thin fabric shouldnt make that much difference on getting the bias tape to lie flat after sewn to the armhole.
Sharralynn said... (3/20/08 6:53 PM) Reply
I just ordered this pattern. I like your idea about putting the zipper in the back. Good idea. i think I'll try that. Thanks
AnneM said... (4/15/07 11:57 AM) Reply
Square necks are still nice. Congrats on your top; sounds like a good line for you.
Larkin said... (4/5/07 10:54 AM) Reply
What a nice looking top! I appreciate the comments about lengthening and the armhole warning - I'd share both of your concerns. Thanks!
Jane S said... (4/5/07 8:33 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern for a while so it's nice to read a review of the neckline area especially. Any chance of a picture?

Understanding Interfacings