Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5045 (Surplice Dress w/Circle Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:4/6/07 10:59 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
AnneM said... (4/18/07 7:52 PM) Reply
Another great dress. You are a very productive sewist.
AlexaNJ said... (4/13/07 10:21 AM) Reply
Looks awesome! Great job!
nicegirl said... (4/10/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the compliments, everyone! Clin, I'm not sure how I could take such a lovely compliment the wrong way but thank you very much. That's so sweet. Nancywin, so sorry about the photos! That's very frustrating. I'm not sure how to fix it.
cindy-lou said... (4/10/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Nicegirl, GREAT dress. I've been reading the latest Sew Stylish and am now just itching to make a fancy crinoline dress like this. It's beautiful! You must be stylin' wherever you go up there in DC.
Karen6790 said... (4/9/07 11:49 PM) Reply
You've done it again. This dress is almost painfully cute, and I love it.
venetus said... (4/9/07 2:12 PM) Reply
I love this dress! The styling and fabric go so well together. Fabulous!
hongkongshopper said... (4/8/07 6:12 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. Thanks for the tutorial on the circle skirt!
KimPa said... (4/7/07 11:48 PM) Reply
I always love your reviews! Good detail and how-tos. And I always look forward to whatever you make next.
Nancywin said... (4/7/07 12:50 PM) Reply
Great looking dress. I really like your fabric choices. You always make the cutest things. BTW, Yahoo is a pain to view if you don't have an account. I have to click past the "oops" page and then to view the photos in the album, they won't click from one to the next without hitting the "oops" page again. The links for your altered pattern pieces and final product are reversed. Great dress though NG. I always look forward to your reviews.
OP Gal said... (4/7/07 11:01 AM) Reply
What a darling dress. I can't believe you made it in 5 hours! Would have taken me days or weeks. Thanks for the math tips on making a circle skirt. I always have to ask my engineer husband to "refresh my memory" on those formulas. I agree with clin--you *are* the cutest thing ever!
Tiner W said... (4/7/07 10:56 AM) Reply
Adorable!
ryan's mom said... (4/7/07 7:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Love the photos and great review!
Jane S said... (4/7/07 7:28 AM) Reply
Such a pretty dress on you and such a fun review to read. Thanks!
Carolyndh said... (4/6/07 11:34 PM) Reply
Another one of your awesome creations Nicegirl! This is very pretty and fits you great. Thanks for the detailed review as well.
blue mooney said... (4/6/07 6:36 PM) Reply
sooooooo cute! love it that you're wearing it with a crinoline.
frame said... (4/6/07 2:21 PM) Reply
Very pretty. You've done a wonderful job combining fabrics. The bodice is wonderfully sparkly!
carolynw said... (4/6/07 2:02 PM) Reply
Now don't take this the wrong way but I think you are the cutest thing ever! This dress is adorable on you and you have as always done a wonderful job - I have marked this pattern for a possible to do but for sure with the wrap over the top - age I believe has its privileges but also its limits.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/6/07 12:46 PM) Reply
Very pretty, love all your creations. Way to go !
Heatherrique said... (4/6/07 12:08 PM) Reply
NiceGirl, this is a very captivating dress! You look great in anything! As always, impressed with your style and flair!
ConnieBJ said... (4/6/07 11:23 AM) Reply
You are just the cutest thing ever! Love the dress and what you did with it! I knew this pattern is in my stash for a reason.

by: dmsmith05