Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 2850:Michelle's Skirt (Michelle's One Piece Skirt)

Reviewed by:Tonya

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

AnneM said... (4/20/07 7:51 PM) Reply
I would have thought the same thing with that description (one piece of fabric an lots of pleats, vs. one pattern piece and lots of gores). I'm always a sucker for gored skirts anyway!
Robbie Jo said... (4/9/07 7:46 AM) Reply
Tonya, great review--I'm sold! It really looks nice on you.
Danvillegirl said... (4/9/07 6:55 AM) Reply
I really love your skirt. Would not have know it was chiffon until reading further into review. Great job with that type fabric!!! I am now convinced to try this pattern, great review!
Tov said... (4/9/07 0:58 AM) Reply
What a fun skirt! Looks great.
Levone said... (4/8/07 5:07 PM) Reply
This skirt looks fantastic! I love it in this fabric also.
Jane S said... (4/8/07 1:37 PM) Reply
What a fun, girly skirt that will looks great in so many fabrics.
carolynw said... (4/8/07 8:56 AM) Reply
Tonya: I immediately went to the Sewing Place to get the pattern but it was not shown so had to go directly to Sillhoutte - they have 10 new patterns coming out to celebrate an anniversary. Ordered it straight off - thanks again and all those who want to order may find they have to go the route I did.
Rustybobn said... (4/8/07 7:33 AM) Reply
Very pretty! Your ribbon ties are a nice touch, too.
kathi s said... (4/8/07 0:02 AM) Reply
Really like your skirt! Very helpful review, also! I am very tempted to buy this pattern!
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (4/7/07 9:40 PM) Reply
I could see this in different but complimentary strips of fabric...but yours is quite cute...very flirty!
quilter55 said... (4/7/07 9:06 PM) Reply
Your skirt is awesome and very flattering! I met you at the Expo and have been wondering how you like the steamer you bought?? Is it worth what it cost? Susan from Ga.
RobinE said... (4/7/07 8:14 PM) Reply
The skirt looks great on you. Thank you for the great review... I think I need to get this pattern now!
Tonya said... (4/7/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Clin, this skirt probably cost me less than $10 total. The fabric was $1.88 a yard on clearance, the lining was well-aged stash, the ribbon was 74 cents, the zipper was also well-aged stash (I *never* sew anything pink). The pattern was even "free" - I got it with the purchase of my steamer at the Expo! That's what I mean by this skirt being the future of sewing. It looks so high-end, but in reality, you can make it on the cheap and make it *fit*. It's really a great pattern!
carolynw said... (4/7/07 5:40 PM) Reply
Very beautiful - am getting this pattern for sure. On a trip through a Department store today (kind of high end) saw a similar skirt to what the model is wearing - are you sitting down - $225.00!! Knew I wanted to make one but couldn't think of a pattern right off the top of my head - thanks a million for bringing this to my attention.
Elemenopeo said... (4/7/07 5:03 PM) Reply
This really looks fantastic on you - I like the fabric you used for it.
coloreyec said... (4/7/07 5:01 PM) Reply
Now I must have this pattern. Hope it works well on my short body - I do love fuller, floaty skirts but often they tend to make me look much shorter and wider.
Cheryl Reeves said... (4/7/07 4:27 PM) Reply
Pretty and very feminine. Love your fabric.

Understanding Wool Fabrics