Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3312 (Bags)

Reviewed by:hat-and-bag-lady

Last Updated:7/18/08 3:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Crafts

hat-and-bag-lady said... (1/9/12 1:06 AM) Reply
After using exterior fabric for the interior of the handle, it is still going strong. Ordinarily, by now (over a year later) it would need to be remade again; but since I did this one alteration, it is still being carried. (and I have washed it several times; it doesn't shrink up or end up frayed inside.
hat-and-bag-lady said... (2/2/11 4:26 PM) Reply
I wore two of these out ... the Lining Fabric on the interior of the bag's handle isn't the best idea. To change that, I made the exterior of the bag, sewed it together, then traced out the bag handles on another piece of the exterior fabric. Thus, I have exterior fabric lining the bag's handle. (I felt very clever) And, it even feels sturdier.
okie2thdoc said... (7/17/08 10:58 PM) Reply
I'd love to see this larger. It looks cute in the small size;)
Mary Nanna said... (6/24/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Aah very amusing review and bio. Am in the process of making this pattern (reading pattern review now is like bolting the proverbial stable door) - I am altering it so I can wear it across the body on the opposite shoulder.
hat-and-bag-lady said... (5/18/07 2:57 PM) Reply
In having an attack of the clever's and using a hair elastic, I forgot that Hair Elastic stretches out of sight and gets dirty really easily. I had to replace it with the recommended non-stretchy stuff.
nimble said... (4/19/07 11:13 AM) Reply
I would love to see a picture of this. I like that you did a button and loop closure (zippers give me hang nails!) and added pockets. Very smart. Thanks for reviewing this bag.

by: Sheila457