Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5204 (Shirt, skirt, pants and bag)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:4/9/07 9:56 PM
Last Updated:8/6/07 9:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
nicegirl said... (8/7/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Love the new one and old both! The collar without collar stand is making me lust after such a pattern. I think it's such a feminine look.
2BSewing said... (8/7/07 7:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops! Enjoyed your review. :)
Mufffet said... (8/7/07 3:51 PM) Reply
So cute! Good job.
Hilary said... (8/7/07 12:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse (I have made this as well!) and I *loved* your story! I hope they get more nice Americans than rude!!
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/7/07 12:33 PM) Reply
Love the red version! Your collar points turned out perfectly!
Membear said... (8/6/07 11:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and yes it is rather bland but yours is lovely I will have to get busy.
bunz said... (8/6/07 10:17 PM) Reply
This new blouse is a terrific color w your skin tone!
joann said... (6/7/07 8:38 PM) Reply
I am just getting to the April reviews ---Love the look and the ruffles. I have this pattern and now I will have to actually use it. Your story was priceless. I've seen a few of these "types" here in the USA too!
AnneM said... (4/20/07 8:56 PM) Reply
They should put your version on the cover and they would sell a lot more of them! Beautiful top and a great souvenir. (Hard to believe that other tourist; some people just don't think.)
Annette1 said... (4/13/07 1:51 AM) Reply
Definitely a keeper! Great review, and great result. :o)
nicegirl said... (4/12/07 5:49 PM) Reply
Adore! The ruffle on the collar is so cute. And love the story. That woman must have been *hoping* for a "the French are rude" story to act in such a horrible manner herself.
carolynw said... (4/11/07 7:02 PM) Reply
This is really beatifl - I love Liberty cotton.- I can get blouses here already made up by a very well known Company - I don't want to tellyou the prices but it's really, really high. Love your story re French/English and the bad behaviour of another customer - her loss!
SewTwin said... (4/11/07 1:25 AM) Reply
Vintage is true! Looks like the magazines that carry the toile prints. If she could only see your blouse, m-a-y-b-e she wouldn't be so rude, but I doubt it..
hildy said... (4/10/07 12:26 PM) Reply
I love your story in purchasing the fabric. I lived in Paris for two years,and time and time again I saw the "Ugly American" Why can't Americans understand that they speak French in France not English! The French are like us,one language is spoken in there country. They also have lots of rules in shops and if you don't follow them,you will get a cold shoulder! I wish I had my sewing machine when I was living there. Anyway, I love your shirt. It caught my eye as I was looking at the gallery. Fresh and adorable :)
Seamingly Simple said... (4/10/07 10:54 AM) Reply
The ruffled collar trim is darling (and the ruffled American hilarious!).
Puddin Pop said... (4/10/07 9:48 AM) Reply
I love your story. Your girly blouse is beautiful and I think, also, you will get lots of wear out of it.
Elemenopeo said... (4/10/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Great story - beautiful blouse!
Levone said... (4/10/07 9:28 AM) Reply
Pretty shirt. I enjoyed the story behind the fabric as well.
cathy45 said... (4/10/07 9:24 AM) Reply
Love the fabric--love the shirt--love the retro details--love the story. This was a great way to start the morning. Thank you.
Jane S said... (4/10/07 8:30 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and such a true story similar to our experiences in Paris.
ryan's mom said... (4/10/07 6:58 AM) Reply
Great top! And what a story :) !!
Bruna said... (4/10/07 4:54 AM) Reply
Just beautiful, Karen. I love everything you've done with this shirt! I also enjoyed your story. Regards, Bruna
chick3y said... (4/9/07 11:16 PM) Reply
I love the extra ruffles you put on the collar and sleeve. The shirt is great!
Leora said... (4/9/07 11:15 PM) Reply
I really like this pattern too! You are so clever to pretty up the collar and sleeves with the ruffles. Love it! I laughed out loud at your story and snorted a few times! Good one.
Suesews said... (4/9/07 11:12 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful, wonderful review, and a priceless story! Thanks!

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109