Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> HP-104 (Tie Neck Top)

Reviewed by:sewitfitsyou

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

AnneM said... (4/22/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Your top came out very well. It worked wonderfully in your woven. Good info on the sizing, and on your choice for the hip band. I really like the sleeves.
Annette1 said... (4/13/07 1:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the very helpful review. You've got a great outfit here. Very interesting that you used a non-stretch fabric AND suggest going down a size. It turned out perfectly.
ryan's mom said... (4/11/07 5:29 PM) Reply
Pretty top! It looks so nice on you too!
Danvillegirl said... (4/11/07 5:27 AM) Reply
Oh I am so glad you reviewed this in such detail. I read GT's review for a knit top. I just got this pattern. Your size and mine are similiar so I will definitely look at going down in size to fit. Love your blouse, looks flattering on you.
Carolyndh said... (4/10/07 7:10 PM) Reply
Your top looks really great!
Lori V said... (4/10/07 3:38 PM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful
sewitfitsyou said... (4/10/07 11:58 AM) Reply
Soliel - Yes, I can get it on without a zipper. Elana - I did not cut the top on the bias, but I think that would work very nicely. Diane E - Hi there! Long time no talk...
Elana said... (4/10/07 11:29 AM) Reply
I was about to sew this one and, just like you, I considered to make it woven. Your review was really helpful. Did you cut the pattern on the bias? Thank you, the blouse looks great on you!
Elemenopeo said... (4/10/07 9:53 AM) Reply
It looks like a nice staple to your wardrobe - good review.
Sharon M said... (4/10/07 9:20 AM) Reply
Oooo, I like it! I found the sizing quite large (as noted on my previous review) and it is a good idea to flat measure the pattern before cutting it out. I hadn't thought of using a woven - it turned out great and looks good on you.
Levone said... (4/10/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Great looking top!
narcissaqtpie said... (4/10/07 8:38 AM) Reply
Great & informative review, & the top is very pretty.
Sanibelle said... (4/10/07 5:32 AM) Reply
Your top looks so pretty on you! Thank you for such a terrific review.
CarolynGM said... (4/10/07 5:28 AM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful -- if I were making it, I would prefer a woven too. Your sizing information will be a godsend for anyone who makes this pattern. Thank you!
Marji said... (4/10/07 4:16 AM) Reply
Great review, and thanks for taking all the time to detail all about this wonky sizing. I can understand why so many are so frustrated with HP. You ended up with a very pretty top.
Diane E said... (4/10/07 2:50 AM) Reply
Sue, I love your review and your top is so pretty! I'm really glad to have your experience to draw from once I finally get around to making the top myself. As for "toe" I think that was meant to be "tie." Darn that spell-check! Never catches those little malapropisms.....
Soliel said... (4/10/07 0:41 AM) Reply
That's really weird that you cut it two sizes smaller than your measurements and used a woven at the same time. I am assuming you can get it on without a zipper? Amazing.

Understanding Wool Fabrics