Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1215 (Vintage New York Styles)

Reviewed by:http mom

About http momstar
Member since: 9/17/02
UnVerified member
Posted on:1/15/03 5:12 AM
Last Updated:1/15/03 6:41 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Diane E said... (1/17/03 0:57 AM) Reply
In the immortal (paraphrased) words of Mike Myers, "I am not worthy...." Wow wow wow! Thanks for writing the review and sharing your beautiful dress with us!
Lori V said... (1/16/03 1:37 AM) Reply
Simply stunning
Everyday Sewist said... (1/16/03 0:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love the tiara too.
Julie R said... (1/15/03 5:12 PM) Reply
So beautiful! You must have been the belle of the ball! Thanks for sharing!
Margaret said... (1/15/03 2:19 PM) Reply
I am so glad you wrote this review. I have a couple of other New York patterns and I think I will move them up in the queue of "patterns to use next"... your dress is stunning!
Maria Hatfield said... (1/15/03 2:16 PM) Reply
WOW! This dress/gown is absolutely Beautiful ! one of these days, im going to be able to sew like that. you did a great job. congratulations !!
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/15/03 1:41 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness, this is spectacular! Beautiful accomplishment!
Cheryl Colehour said... (1/15/03 1:23 PM) Reply
I went to your website and was totally inspired. I thought, "Gee, I wonder if she'd have coffee with me." But of course, we don't live in the same state! The dress is amazing, and it's great you were able to get the fabric at such a bargain.
PhyllisC said... (1/15/03 1:01 PM) Reply
Amazing, just amazing. There's nothing like that feeling when you just *know* your fabric and pattner choices will work! Also, I'd bet Vogue might be interested in reproducing this pattern for their Vintage Vogue series - Iv'e read that they solicit old patterns from sewers collections and put them back into production.
starlene said... (1/15/03 11:43 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning!!! What a steal on the fabric too.
Mbarkle said... (1/15/03 11:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Can't believe you paid more for the pattern than the fabric.
KathleenS said... (1/15/03 11:11 AM) Reply
Lovely dress! I feel inspired to go and get started on one of my Vintage Vogue patterns (the modern reprints of the old ones) - they have such lovely details compared to most modern patterns.
said... (1/15/03 10:48 AM) Reply
Wow, your dress is beautiful. I would like to have an occasion to wear such an outstanding dress. BTW is it cut on the bias?
Saskia said... (1/15/03 10:24 AM) Reply
Wow, a wonderful dress! A dress I would like for me. Maybe someday...
Lynngray said... (1/15/03 10:04 AM) Reply
Wow, It's gorgeous. Great job.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/15/03 9:57 AM) Reply
What a wonderful dress, congratulations!!! You must be very proud. I love the collar material. I'll definitely have to contact Fabrics Are Us! -Ann
kerina said... (1/15/03 9:46 AM) Reply
It's absolutely gorgeous! I'm a big fan of vintage designs myself. I can't wait until I have the skill to make some myself.
Ginger said... (1/15/03 9:43 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful.
e_e_thomas said... (1/15/03 8:48 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I love the drape of the skirt.
Tonya said... (1/15/03 8:28 AM) Reply
What a fabulous dress and pattern. Congratulations! I just might have to get into vintage patterns - I love clothing from the 30's and 40's...
AnneM said... (1/15/03 7:23 AM) Reply
Very nice! I suppose that is why Vogue got it's name, and why people complain that it just doesn't have the great designs it used to have.
http mom said... (1/15/03 6:04 AM) Reply
Oh Yes, It's called "Fabrics Are Us" and it is located on Berryessa at the Berryessa Plaza.They have lots of designer and novelty fabrics at a fraction of the cost. They specialize in wedding fabrics but I have found everything in this dinky little hide away. It's like being a kid in a candy store. English is a second language here but I have no problem with that...all yu need to know is..."How much?" which, when it turns out to be to $5.00 a yard...translates in all languages as "I'll take it!"
Elona said... (1/15/03 5:32 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely gown! I mean, really spectacular. May we ask the name of your favorite Asian imports store in San Jose?

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117