Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4022 (Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:ribbit2jen

About ribbit2jenstar
GA USA
Member since: 12/13/05
Posted on:4/12/07 9:36 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
sunshineD121 said... (5/3/07 11:45 AM) Reply
It looks very nice! I also love the fabric! I am getting ready to make this pattern too, but with sleeves. Your review and pic gives me some ideas about what I could do with it. It looks nice without trim. Hmm...I also didn't know the sleeveless could look so nice. Wow! And I didn't know the top was lined. I am excited about it now.
AnneM said... (4/23/07 7:44 AM) Reply
Nice top, great in that fabric. I would have thought from the pattern pic that the style would look maternity, but yours really doesn't. The lightweight fabric must be the key.
SewTwin said... (4/15/07 9:14 PM) Reply
This is a cooool top! I do wonder if it is possible to not gather the front part? I do think the stripe also makes the top. You could also do some embroidery on the front top part, or the front band.
didda said... (4/13/07 11:17 PM) Reply
great top. i just bought this pattern today. i would never have made it in stripes, but now that i see yours, i will have to think about it. i bought the pattern to use for some lightweight white embroidered cotton i have. (almost like an eyelet)
OP Gal said... (4/13/07 7:33 PM) Reply
Great looking little top. I love that fabric!
ryan's mom said... (4/13/07 6:27 PM) Reply
This looks terrific! I love the fabric, and your pic looks better than the pattern photos.
SimsSews said... (4/13/07 3:17 PM) Reply
Very cute, the stripes look great.
Grammy Gin said... (4/13/07 2:43 PM) Reply
What a wonderful review, Thanks!
Annette1 said... (4/12/07 9:42 PM) Reply
This is SO cute. I love your fabric! Also, as you describe your "likes" about the pattern, I have the same likes -- ha! :o) Great review.
Skymom said... (4/12/07 2:00 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and haven't made it yet--I chickened out, fearing the dreaded "When are you due?" comment if I wore it! But yours doesn't look maternity-like to me, just youthful and summery. So maybe I'll give it a try!
crystalwoods said... (4/12/07 1:56 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - and no it doesn't look "maternity"! I think this would be a great style for me, I am small in the bust and larger in the hips. Thanks for the review
SouthernStitch said... (4/12/07 12:55 PM) Reply
So nice and spring time! I love it, and thanks for a great review.
ribbit2jen said... (4/12/07 9:58 AM) Reply
It looks pretty much the same on me as on my dressform, so good to know it doesn't look like a maternity top! Thanks! I just have to make sure not to gain any weight ;) The gathered part intimidated me too but ended up being easy.
ribbit2jen said... (4/12/07 9:57 AM) Reply
cindy-lou said... (4/12/07 9:54 AM) Reply
You made a gorgeous top! Would have to see it on, but from here on the mannequin it does NOT look maternity at all. I have this pattern and have been intimidated by the gathered panel in it-- I'm glad to hear that it's not that hard to do. Thanks for a wonderful review!

Burda 7447