Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:Diane E

About Diane Estarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:1/15/03 7:50 PM
Last Updated:1/16/03 0:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
CSM--Carla said... (9/10/06 11:17 PM) Reply
I agree with Lisa Laree and I love all your LH reviews!! Thanks a million! Carla
Lisa Laree said... (8/31/06 8:41 AM) Reply
Ok, I know this review is three and a half years old, but every time it comes up on the sidebar I have to come and look at it. It's so sharp...the colors, the lines...Diane, I hope you've worn these pieces to death; you look fabulous in this!
10Ksteps said... (3/21/05 3:12 PM) Reply
Marking requirements are good to know. Thanks for the good over-all account of your sewing experience with this pattern.
Diane E said... (1/21/03 1:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your encouraging comments! I am planning a sewing day today, and your interest definitely motivates me to sew and share. Thanks again!
said... (1/19/03 0:26 AM) Reply
Oh how pretty! Thanks for the warning about lack of interfacing.
Ruth C said... (1/16/03 9:46 PM) Reply
Diane, you look so sharp in your outfit-- I love the jacket and the skirt. They are going on my wish list. Also thanks for the hint about marking. Like you I often get in a hurry and choose the quickest rather than the best way to mark something.
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/16/03 2:00 PM) Reply
Diane, this outfit looks stunning on you! I love the colors you used, and your skirt coordinates beautifully.
Star said... (1/16/03 12:31 PM) Reply
Diane, I adore that outfit. I'm rushing out this weekend to purchase some Loes HInse patterns! Excellent review, thanks!
Gigi Louis said... (1/16/03 10:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful as always!
cindyann said... (1/16/03 10:24 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the color. Looks wonderful on you.
Deepika said... (1/16/03 10:06 AM) Reply
Diane, Love Love Love your outfit! I want one of those too!!!
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/16/03 9:29 AM) Reply
Diane, this looks fabulous. I tried a LH pattern for pants once, and it didn't work for me. Someone suggested it was because of grain issues with the fabric I used (tencel). I'll have to revisit her designs. Thanks for a great review! -Ann
Ginger said... (1/16/03 9:19 AM) Reply
Ohhh. Pretty.
Marita Kinnula said... (1/16/03 5:15 AM) Reply
A very good looking combo, I like the button also, and the fabric color is great too. You have been very succesful with this pattern, congrats!!
Lori V said... (1/16/03 1:54 AM) Reply
Diane, love your jacket and all the options you have to wear with it. thanks for a very helpful review
Margaret said... (1/16/03 0:49 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Diane. Your suit looks great, and I love how the button looks with your jacket!
Lisa Laree said... (1/15/03 8:01 PM) Reply
Great review, Diane, and lovely jacket! I've got the Florence Jacket and the Retro Jacket and I've been telling myself I don't need another minimally structured jacket pattern, but...maybe I do....;)

The Technique of Underlining Garments