Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2007-118 (jacket)

Reviewed by:Seamingly Simple

About Seamingly Simplestarstarstarstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/23/03
Posted on:4/12/07 11:42 PM

Seamingly Simple said... (9/17/07 8:26 AM) Reply
There; photos are fixed now. Yahoo is making its users move all their photos to Flickr, resulting in broken links. One by one, I'm repairing each review.
creative1 said... (8/25/07 0:40 AM) Reply
Seamingly Simple, will you please provide with a new link to see your jacket? Your current link says, 'sewing_engineer has moved their photos to Flickr. From now on you'll need to go to Flickr to view their photos.. ' Thank you!
KiwiWendy said... (4/19/07 1:47 AM) Reply
I found it in a newsagents, can't wait to try this pattern
KiwiWendy said... (4/19/07 1:47 AM) Reply
I found it in a newsagents, can't wait to try this pattern
Leslie in NZ said... (4/16/07 3:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for that Seamingly Simple. Much Appreciated.
Seamingly Simple said... (4/15/07 8:49 AM) Reply
Oops! Duplicate post.
Seamingly Simple said... (4/15/07 8:40 AM) Reply
Leslie in NZ, the sway back adjustment is essentially a horizontal dart that removes some of the length at the centre back and nothing at the side seams. It is explained in this discussion, which includes a link to a site that has a diagram. My dart was a wedge 3/8" wide at the centre back (folded size 3/16") tapering to zero at the side seam. HTH.
KiwiWendy said... (4/14/07 9:49 PM) Reply
I have to rush out & buy this issue - here's hoping I can find it. I love the design lines!
Leslie in NZ said... (4/14/07 4:34 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket. I am particularly interested in how you fit the back. You did a wonderful job and I will try these methods to see if they will work for me. I didn't understand your 4th point "(4) I made a wedge tuck at the centre back waistline to bring it in 3/8" at the small of my back and then added half of this amount back at the hemline". Please explain how you did the tuck. I also have a sway back and am sure this would improve my fitting. Thank you for taking the time to write this up so thoroughly.
Heatherrique said... (4/14/07 1:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! You look maaaarvelous in it!
yummymummy38 said... (4/14/07 3:30 AM) Reply
Professionally looking jacket, love the style. Great fit, thanks for the tips.
Karen8320 said... (4/14/07 1:49 AM) Reply
Seamingly Simple, I love the work that you do! This has turned out beautifully. Thanks for all of your advice in the review. Great work!
sewbehind said... (4/14/07 0:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I shall have to remember using a different size for the back and the front. You had wonderful results.
SandraB said... (4/13/07 9:58 PM) Reply
Your jacket is really beautiful. Very helpful review.
gaby said... (4/13/07 8:36 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! It looks beautiful :)
hongkongshopper said... (4/13/07 8:01 PM) Reply
I love this jacket. Thanks for a great review.
zazzie said... (4/13/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Wow, this jacket is just perfect ! It is true, that collar shape is very flattering.
OP Gal said... (4/13/07 2:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. The fabric is beautiful as well. Thanks for all the tips and techniques.
Jane S said... (4/13/07 11:34 AM) Reply
Bautiful jacket that is figure flattering and face framing. Thanks for the details.
Levone said... (4/13/07 9:36 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket and well done review. I definitely think you should make this one up again.
Frogstitcher said... (4/13/07 9:00 AM) Reply
Another beautiful jacket. The neckline frames your face and draws the eye up - important detail for petites. Your reviews are inspirational to me and helpful for many. I want to make this one as well, thanks for doing the groundwork and sharing the process.
Kay Y said... (4/13/07 8:57 AM) Reply
This is a great review and a wonderful looking jacket - thanks for the links to the tips. I have some unlined jacket ideas so the HK finish tip is very timely.
tomed said... (4/13/07 8:33 AM) Reply
Wonderful review - thank you! Your jacket is beautiful and you've inspired me to try it.
minieme said... (4/13/07 7:58 AM) Reply
Very helpful review, nice jacket!
CarolynGM said... (4/13/07 5:38 AM) Reply
I love the fit you achieved by using the two sizes. This jacket has great lines. Thanks for the link to the PP techniques -- that is extremely useful information.
Ann Smith said... (4/13/07 2:55 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. And yes, love the moose buttons.
Sigrid. said... (4/13/07 2:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, love the fabric. Looks very good on you.
Vonnevo said... (4/13/07 2:04 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket, fabric and colour !!!!!
Nancywin said... (4/13/07 1:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket SS. I love your fabric choice. Thanks sfor the link to the PP tip. I've used this in heavier weight jackets with wool - I like the idea of using a linen for summer fabric.
Sew4Fun said... (4/12/07 11:59 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I'm so jealous. :) I have another month to wait before I have this BWOF in my hands. I've been waiting ever since I saw this jacket to sew it. Yours is lovely and it makes me want to sew this pattern even more. Thanks for the review.
Riordan said... (4/12/07 11:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket--looks lovely on you! Very helpful information!

Paradiso Designs Xine Basket Bag Pattern

Paradiso Designs Xine Basket Bag Pattern

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)