Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4076 (Tops)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

Posted on:4/13/07 8:53 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
AnneM said... (4/23/07 7:23 PM) Reply
You got that fit down well, IMO. Neat effect with the striped fabric; I like it.
hongkongshopper said... (4/14/07 8:16 PM) Reply
Very pretty - I like the way the stripes have fallen.
pamici said... (4/14/07 6:57 PM) Reply
Super cute -- and I *love* Tobey! My cats think they have to pre-approve all sewing projects by napping on them during construction.
RobynB said... (4/14/07 5:56 PM) Reply
Cute top Nancy. I've made this a couple of times now and either i ignored the instructions or didn't see the bit about sewing through the pattern piece - I don't remember that instruction. To make it easier next time, just measure the distance between the notches and draw up your gathering threads to match.
Sewingmi said... (4/14/07 1:55 PM) Reply
That top looks terrific! What a good fit and cute fabric! I'm inspired!
OP Gal said... (4/14/07 10:34 AM) Reply
Cute top. I can't believe they have you gather the top onto the pattern. How weird.
carolynw said... (4/14/07 9:36 AM) Reply
Looks beautiful Nancy - I have this pattern and am not sure why I haven't got to it yet. Think maybe it's because we are not having any kind of Spring here - it's been cold and miserable - many still wearing winter coats! Not inspired to make anything resembling summer wear yet. Thanks for the review.
Beve said... (4/14/07 8:43 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty top. It's so becoming to you.You do such nice work!
cindy-lou said... (4/14/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Nancy, great great great top! I loved reading how you did your bust adjustments-- mine are similar. I also LOVE the vertical striping you have going on-- I think it beats out horizontal.
CarolynGM said... (4/14/07 7:25 AM) Reply
If I didn't already have this pattern, your review would make me run out and buy it! Well done!
Danvillegirl said... (4/14/07 7:07 AM) Reply
I like the design running vertically! Cute top.
Gsd said... (4/14/07 1:07 AM) Reply
I have had this pattern in my stash waiting to be tried forever. I really eed to get it out. Yours looks great.
ribbit2jen said... (4/13/07 10:26 PM) Reply
I think this is one of the patterns I picked up today for $0.99! I love yours!!!
Nancywin said... (4/13/07 9:58 PM) Reply

poplin said... (4/13/07 9:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review, particularly the conclusion. I was hoping to pick up this pattern at Hancock's today but it was all gone!!! Bummed, bummed, bummed! BTW, great top. I also saw this top at Nordstrom Rack for $9.97 but the scoop neckline is waaaayyyy too low and it was practically off the shoulders. (No wonder the price!) I'd rather sew it myself.
Nancywin said... (4/13/07 9:28 PM) Reply
The band is double layered, so it did not need interfacing. I did stabilize the shoulder seams with bias tape. The seam allowance is stitched close to the band on the shirt, so that will stabilize it as well.
frame said... (4/13/07 9:19 PM) Reply
Cute top, Nancy. Did you permanently stabilize the neckline with anything before sewing on the band? or Is the band interfaced to keep it from stretching out? Hope you don't mind my asking.
Schnauzer said... (4/13/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Very pretty top Nancy and lovely work as always!

by: ButtonFait...