Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3956 (6 made easy)

Reviewed by:colormefun

About colormefunstar
Member since: 11/30/06
Posted on:4/13/07 10:51 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
pinkli said... (4/24/08 7:51 AM) Reply
ooh, I like the change in design. looks good - don't get the pregnancy vibe though? I reckon you should wear it with pride: you look lovely
KrystalL said... (9/18/07 4:03 PM) Reply
LOL at the teens! They can be very opinionated. I like your version of the top. The fabric is unusual and features the style well.
AnneM said... (4/23/07 6:35 PM) Reply
Cute, current top. The Jo-Ann workers are told to ask what you are making; I've never figured out why.
SewTwin said... (4/15/07 11:34 PM) Reply
Cute top.I know about the Joanne's salesclerks asking what you are making.It is fakey, but they are required to do that.It is a sales tactic, but more tackey than showing interest.Really just wastes my time, I always say I don't know;I'm in a hurry.They don't ask after that.I also have this print, but it is a strange feel.
colormefun said... (4/15/07 11:09 PM) Reply
haha! just googled vicki pollard from little britain! LOL!!!! for the american and curious: http://www.littlebritain.tv/characters_vicky.htm
Puddin Pop said... (4/14/07 6:48 PM) Reply
I made a typo. Should read looks great! Sorry.
Puddin Pop said... (4/14/07 6:47 PM) Reply
What is the deal with these patterns? I think the top is very pretty and looks great?
Elemenopeo said... (4/14/07 3:52 PM) Reply
Funny review - your top looks great!
Sewingmi said... (4/14/07 2:11 PM) Reply
Oh, you gave me a good laugh! I enjoyed your review, and your top is really cute
khurtdvm said... (4/14/07 11:14 AM) Reply
That turned out really nice! I'd be proud of it.
Soliel said... (4/14/07 11:07 AM) Reply
What do they know? See thru tops are HOT...when you wear something underneath like a cami or a colored bra. What do they know?
colormefun said... (4/14/07 10:23 AM) Reply
good advice on cutting from the finished garment measurements! and, yeah... i'll have to read up on how to do a FBA. All your comments about the highschoolers cracked me up! Yeah, I wasn't too upset about it all it's just that it was such a buzzkill! Here I was, imagining exactly what pattern i was going to make from it and they had the nerve to be so rude! And I've never watched Little Britain, although Vicki Pollard sounds familiar.... i'll google it. Anyway, thanks for the comments! I'll wear my top with pride!
cindy-lou said... (4/14/07 8:12 AM) Reply
VERY cute top! I have this pattern cut out too, ready to go. I bet you would do well to cut a size 12 (or maybe 10, depending on your measurements??) and do a full bust alteration (FBA)-- anyone with over a B cup really needs to do that. A recent Threads had a 2-pager on a quick-and-easy FBA, and the Palmer/Pletsch book 'Fit For Real People' goes into lots of detail. It adds a step even before cutting out, but saves you tons of time in the fitting stages. Beautiful Work!
Sherril Miller said... (4/14/07 7:38 AM) Reply
I think the wider band takes away the pg look. I wouldn't let a high schooler bug me, have you seen the way they dress?
LauraM62 said... (4/14/07 6:37 AM) Reply
I think the top came out very cute! As far as the sizing, I've learned to look for the 'finished garment measurements' to determine what size I'm going to make.
Helen near Sydney said... (4/14/07 5:49 AM) Reply
Have you ever watched Little Britain? Vicki Pollard?!
Nancywin said... (4/14/07 1:25 AM) Reply
the fabric is really pretty and it looks like you did a nice job on the construction. Maybe next time try a softer lining. I am also still forcing myself to learn to try on, try on, try on through each step of the process. I just want to be able to make it and wear it! And believe me, if your Joanns is anything like ours - the girls don't know anything
Mary Stiefer said... (4/14/07 0:35 AM) Reply
Sorry you weren't too impressed with this pattern. And, as far as high school girls, take it with a grain of salt (as my mother used to say). It's not worth your energy to get angry at them - save the energy and sew, sew, sew girl. I think this top looks cute but I understand about not being happy with the turnout. If you aren't happy with it you won't wear it as much.
AndreaP said... (4/14/07 0:27 AM) Reply
Your top looks great, and I love the print, very cute.

Butterick B4593