Pattern Reviews> Fashion Patterns By Coni> B2125 (Demi Princess Shirt)

Reviewed by:rejoyce

Last Updated:4/18/07 5:05 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
AnneM said... (4/23/07 5:41 AM) Reply
I'm excited to see a review of this pattern line (particularly since she carries a larger size range now). Nice top with a spring feel. It is on the longer side, but that's the style right now. I'll 2nd Sherril's statement: we get fussier as we get better, I think.
MizLiz said... (4/22/07 8:33 PM) Reply
I loved it too, you did a great job. I just came back from the Worcester Expo and wished Coni had a booth and classes there. I was very interested in her skirt pattern book. Does anyone have that and tried it ? Is it worth the money??
ginaT said... (4/22/07 8:14 PM) Reply
It's just perfect! Great Job! Just have to ask.....that beautiful quilt in the photo? Did you make that too?
Sherril Miller said... (4/19/07 8:50 PM) Reply
Funny, the closer we get to good fit, the more of a perfectionist we become. I'm becomimg obsessed with fit for my own clothes. I think this top is very pretty. I'd shorten it a bit. Long tops tend to look pg on plus sized women. Maybe just long enough to cover the belly or bum, whatever you particular issues are. I'm so glad this pattern line works so good for you. Now, I'm looking forward to lots more reviews from you!
OP Gal said... (4/19/07 7:36 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. Great job. Your top looks great and I love the fabric. I have problems with RTW fitting, too, so I know how satisfying it is to be able to have clothing that fits well. Keep up the good work.
Irene Q said... (4/19/07 11:41 AM) Reply
Looks like this pattern company is going to work out really well for you! I call anything that comes out better than RTW a success. :-) You'll probably end up tweaking this here and there, but it's really quite good out of the envelope. Thanks for the very helpful review!
Jane S said... (4/19/07 10:58 AM) Reply
Isn't it fun when you sew some things for yourself and see that you can make them fit better than RTW ever could. Yes, it's learning curve but already you're ahead of what we can buy in stores. Bravo!
aunt saidee said... (4/19/07 2:36 AM) Reply
Congrats! You did it! I am inspired! Very nice first outing and lovely fabric. I agree about the shoulder pads and bringing the fit a bit closer to the body...do you have a fitting buddy? I think we all need one as much as we each need a personal assistant ( I almost said 'wife': oops!) RTW in certain sizes just doesn't do fit, really, so go for it! We don't have to wear tents any more, as your shirt shows. It doesn't take much to give us some shape and definition, which then = style. What a concept!
Irene said... (4/19/07 1:58 AM) Reply
Gosh, you have great fitting instincts! Wearing a new garment before pronouncing judgment on it has served me well. I'd add shoulder pads to this top, not only for better fit, but also to create a little more balance between shoulders and hips. It's a matter of your personal preference, in the end. You're going to love sewing for youself.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/19/07 0:21 AM) Reply
Great job - love it when a plan comes together.
tomed said... (4/18/07 10:04 PM) Reply
Love your cotton print and this is a great use for it. My best-fitting clothes are homemade - only way to go!
fizuna said... (4/18/07 9:15 PM) Reply
the fabric is very pretty and has a lovely drape. great color on you too.
squirrellypoo said... (4/18/07 7:05 PM) Reply
great first review! It's very satisfying to make your clothes AND know they fit better than anything you could ever buy!
fuzzygalore said... (4/18/07 6:31 PM) Reply
Or you might want to make a sloping shoulders adjustment :-). Might also consider going down a size around the shoulders and doing an FBA, it looks to me like you could use a bit less in the upper chest. But that's really nitpicking - it looks good as is :-). And right out of the envelope sure is nice, isn't it?
rejoyce said... (4/18/07 5:39 PM) Reply
oops!
rejoyce said... (4/18/07 5:38 PM) Reply
After looking at this picture I really need shoulder pads!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (4/18/07 5:32 PM) Reply
Looks good! Well done.
Annika said... (4/18/07 5:28 PM) Reply
Great job! Love the fabric's little flowers, too. I too am determined to make clothes that fit me.

Burda 8438