Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1305 (Capri Jacket)

Reviewed by:andrearn9

About andrearn9star
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:1/18/03 9:16 PM
Last Updated:1/18/03 9:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

missy d said... (1/21/03 4:33 PM) Reply
What a great review! I have the pattern and look forward to finally cutting the fabric I've been saving for it. Thank you. It is lovely. Congratulations on your sewing interest and skills.
Julia Graham said... (1/19/03 9:06 PM) Reply
Andrea, your jacket is beautiful, and I agree with Karla that, whatever your sewing skills, you don't write a review like a beginner! You touched on all the important aspects and really sound like you know what you're doing. Your profile hit the nail on the head for my body type -- A cup, bane-of-existence thighs (I'm an RN too). I'm going to be watching your reviews because if something works for you I'm guessing it will for me. :-)
Gigi Louis said... (1/19/03 7:35 PM) Reply
Andrea - your jacket is beautiful! I find John Kaldor prints generally hard to resist, they are so pretty. DianeE, I find it hard to believe that you haven't made this yet! Yup, it's languishing in my stash too :-0
Diane E said... (1/19/03 1:33 PM) Reply
Andrea, your jacket is beautiful! Thanks for the detailed review. This is a pattern I've had in my stash since it first came out, and it's about time to try it! I agree, a seam finish other than serging is a very nice couture touch. A Hong Kong finish works well, too, and is a nice way to use scraps of lightweight rayon or silk, if there's enough to make bias strips.
andrearn9 said... (1/19/03 9:55 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for all of your compliments! It really is a great pattern. Rhonda: The fabric was ordered online from Londa's as I don't live anywhere near her store. I didn't have a swatch, but figured at that price, I'd take a chance. I was very pleased with that purchase and have gone on to purchase more rayon prints from her store. I've been pleased with everything I've gotten. Karla: I am VERY MUCH a beginner, so much so that sometimes sewing in a straight line is a challenge I can't rise to :). But, I've found so much helpful advice and recommendations on this site and on the web in general, and it's definitely had a positive impact on my sewing. With this project, it was definitely the combination of a good pattern, along with good instructions, good fabric, good notions, a good machine and good advice that led to a happy result. Much more so than the skill of the sewer!
said... (1/19/03 8:58 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review.Your jacket looks beautiful.
Karla Kizer said... (1/19/03 8:20 AM) Reply
I don't think you sew OR review like a beginner. I'm glad this project was a success for you, and I appreciate the detailed review.
Rhonda Noah said... (1/19/03 8:19 AM) Reply
Excellent review! I plant to make this up soon in a black solid and will be referring back to your review, too. I really like your version in the print, too. BTW, did you order from Londa's online or do have the luxury of visiting her store in person?
Sherril Miller said... (1/19/03 1:14 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I'd love to see how it looks on a real body.
Lisa Laree said... (1/19/03 0:24 AM) Reply
Lovely! Love the colors!
said... (1/19/03 0:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
Deepika said... (1/18/03 11:49 PM) Reply
Everyday Sewist said... (1/18/03 10:45 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful jacket! Thank you for your detailed review.
AnneM said... (1/18/03 9:48 PM) Reply
I really don't remember seeing this pattern, and it looks great. Ijust got my first Textile Studio pattern but have not yet tried it. This one might have to go on the list also.
Lisa Laree said... (1/18/03 9:45 PM) Reply
Very nice review! Good details...I'm looking forward to the photo, too!
Deepika said... (1/18/03 9:27 PM) Reply
Wow andrearn9, what a helpful review especially more so because I have this pattern and have been waiting to hear from someone who has actually made it. When I get around to making mine, I'll be sure to read your review again. Can't wait to see the photos!

Pattern Work