Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 9807 (Jacket with "tie front")

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:4/21/07 11:28 AM
Last Updated:4/21/07 11:28 AM

SewTwin said... (5/10/07 0:54 AM) Reply
Great Jacket! As always, your designs are unique, and expertly done. I would wear the collar color or the color of your top.
AnneM said... (5/1/07 5:33 AM) Reply
Great jacket, great review. Hopefully they will solve their sleeve sizing problem. I really like your jacket w/ a matching collar. IMO you could wear this with a lot of colors for pants. I think navy or white would look particularly nice.
Charlene McGill said... (4/25/07 8:34 AM) Reply
Karine said... (4/23/07 9:23 AM) Reply
You've done a beautiful job with this! You're an inspiration for me with the Marfy patterns I look at but fear tackling. I think your jacket has lots of possibilities for good pairings - I'd love to see white pants with that lime shell underneath, or khaki with the blue. Thanks for the very helpful review.
Danvillegirl said... (4/22/07 7:34 AM) Reply
You are the Marfy Queen. Good job and great review. I think pants in the color of you contrasting collar would look great. Taupe and khaki are great neutrals that IMHO would work well also!
LorelleD said... (4/22/07 6:36 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Informative review. Thankyou.
nofuss said... (4/22/07 4:55 AM) Reply
Very nice Jacket, love what you did with the stripes - keep up the great work !
Cheryl Reeves said... (4/22/07 0:34 AM) Reply
Very pretty work, Debra, as always. This is a very unique design and you made it more fabulous with your "stripe work". Great job.
lmg said... (4/21/07 10:56 PM) Reply
Just stunning. Fantastic work with those stripes and the tie front. Great review.
suzanrossi said... (4/21/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful work. Your reviews are always so helpful.
Linda G said... (4/21/07 8:27 PM) Reply
Like all of your work the jacket is beautiful. My sister and I conversed about this pattern in a phone conversation not to long ago trying to figure out the tie front just from the picture...I certainly think it would be easier to sew now that you have written this review...Your jacket would go with any neutral color.
hongkongshopper said... (4/21/07 7:11 PM) Reply
Great jacket.. I would go for white jeans. Or white slacks with a bit of a sporty touch. As for "stuffing" - thats what we Aussies would put in the We call them shoulder pads too. And Debra, you have inspired me to make a Marfy. A very basic one, but a Marfy none the less. I will post a review later today.
OP Gal said... (4/21/07 5:36 PM) Reply
Another wonderful garment and review. It sure does look to me from the pattern drawing that the "ties" are an extension of the lapels and are used to fasten the jacket. Before I read the review, I was thinking, "What a clever closure." As to colors for slacks, I think I'd either try to match the olive green stripe, the blue collar or go with a khaki. Your stripe matching is amazing!
Irene Q said... (4/21/07 3:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - I always love what you do with stripes!
Nancywin said... (4/21/07 3:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful job on those stripes. I would wear navy or white pants with this jacket. Picking up one of the colors from the stripes would work without being too matchy . A skirt in the color of the upper collar would also look nice. I'm a little apprehensive about starting my first Marfy pattern, but have bought the fabric and will start it sometime soon. You've done a great job!
SandraB said... (4/21/07 2:44 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great Debra. I am so impressed with the effort you made to match the stripes perfectly at the seams.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (4/21/07 1:57 PM) Reply
I love your aesthetic and you always write tremendous reviews. Thanks
rosannec said... (4/21/07 1:56 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket, Debra! It's lovely and modern. To make a summery outfit, I would pair the jacket with white trousers and two-toned shoes with a white body and navy toe. You could work a navy hat as the line drawing suggests...
Kay Y said... (4/21/07 12:33 PM) Reply
You are quite a master at matching stripes! Very lovely and unusual jacket. I would have said pick the darkest colour in the stripe (looks like a dark olive green?) for pants but I am not sure how that would work with the contrast so I vote for the blue you used for the collar.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/21/07 12:25 PM) Reply
Another stunning number. Very interesting collar. Great review. Love how all your pieces come together.
carolynw said... (4/21/07 12:02 PM) Reply
Debra - another beautiful piece of work. I would stay away from stripe slacks with this - taupe or khaki would look good - not sure how you feel about matching the collar for slacks - that may also be quite outstanding. Thanks for another helpful review.
Heatherrique said... (4/21/07 11:34 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket, Debra!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-115