Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> L2 Bag (L2 Bag)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:4/21/07 4:58 PM
Last Updated:4/21/07 11:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Terri K said... (11/2/07 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Sue. I'm preparing to make one out of an animal printed ultrasuede, lined with solid ultrasuede. Linda Lee and she said that there was a lot of fabric at the the godet "V" inserts & suggested that I just sandwich them vs using seams. You might consider this when using your leather stash.
Leslie Bonner said... (5/9/07 8:46 PM) Reply
I am glad that it is larger than it appears on the pattern envelope. Looks like a good size to take on flights. Love your fabric! Leather pants at thrift store brilliant!
SueV said... (4/22/07 12:32 PM) Reply
You know, it is a rather large bag, and is more of a tote, I don't think I'd use it as a purse. when I try it on, it goes from my bustline to my high hip, and I am 5'8". but it doesn't feel like a large bag and I don't think it is too large. You could probably cut 4-5" off the bottom of the bag and make the side bottom pleat not so generous and it would probably be fine and have the same shape. Maybe my next version, (with the leather), I'll shorten it 2-3" and see how it looks and post it. (I found my car keys and now can open my trunk)
Debster said... (4/22/07 11:51 AM) Reply
Nice choices for fabric and lining..I am looking forward to seeing how you accessorize your next bag with those leather pants...Deb
PattiK said... (4/22/07 11:47 AM) Reply
This looks like a great shape and interesting design but I too wonder like Rustybobn, is it too big? I am short, 5 foot 3 so a big bag will just overwhelm my height and weight.
Rustybobn said... (4/22/07 6:41 AM) Reply
I like the shape of this bag, but on the Sewing Workshop photo (the one where the model is holding it), it looks far too large. How do you feel about the size of yours?

SewBaby Prairie Bonnet Pattern