Pattern Reviews> Onion> 5030 Raglan knit top (Toppe med bred udskaering)

Reviewed by:ryankckids

About ryankckidsstar
Member since: 1/3/06
Posted on:4/22/07 10:45 PM
Last Updated:5/3/07 11:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
ryankckids said... (5/4/07 12:03 PM) Reply
Fuzzygalore - I see what you mean. I did lengthen, so don't take it that the pattern is drafted too long. I think, for me, it's rebound from all those too-short t-shirts the last few years. It can be really cold here, so I actually **like** having it too long. I agree, though, that it's not the best look in this fine jersey.
Nancywin said... (5/4/07 10:19 AM) Reply
Nice looking top(s), I have never tried Onion before, but will be soon. I think I will put this one on my list.
cindyann said... (5/4/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Very cute top!
Beve said... (5/4/07 7:32 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your review. It's a great top on you, so much so that I want one too!
Bonnie O said... (5/4/07 7:22 AM) Reply
Nice job on this top. The elastic makes perfect sense to me. Well done!
fuzzygalore said... (5/4/07 3:35 AM) Reply
I like the top without the cowl too, although the cowl looks really great. On the technical side, better a neckline a little too tight than one a little too loose :-), if you have to stray from the perfect middle. But don't you think this is a bit long? The pink one particularly seems to bunch up at the bottom because it wants cutting off..
AnneM said... (5/1/07 6:25 PM) Reply
Nice top. Distinctive and classic all at the same time.
HenriettenDK said... (4/24/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Very cute, love the neckline, glad you figured out SAs etc....
Karin Mantefors said... (4/23/07 2:35 PM) Reply
I have a UFO with regular neckline and itīs really a beautiful shape on it. When we visited Jette on PR weekend Copenhagen she had a top with the regular neckline and had knitted a very very loose collar with a tape yarn from gedifra.
Mufffet said... (4/23/07 1:21 PM) Reply
Very nice on you, and the fabric is great. I love the color.
Little Birdie said... (4/23/07 9:49 AM) Reply
I LOVE this top, and you did awesome! I have really been wanting to try Onion patterns, and this may just push me over the edge! Thank you so much for all of the information, and I love the band you put at the bottom. Awesome job!!!
CarolynGM said... (4/23/07 9:48 AM) Reply
Somehow I had not noticed this Onion pattern. It is very attractive and refreshingly different with its wide neckline. Great job!
carolynw said... (4/23/07 8:36 AM) Reply
I really like this - the collar makes it very different. Your usual wonderful work and thanks for your helpful review - have yet to try Onion but getting closer!
cindy-lou said... (4/23/07 6:52 AM) Reply
Wow, you look great in this top! What a score. Great review and great job!
FloraNature said... (4/23/07 3:07 AM) Reply
What a lovely top. I've seen much RTW lately with these wide necklines, being worn with a strappy cami. You'll get much wear out of this one I feel.
Annette1 said... (4/23/07 0:56 AM) Reply
Very cute! I've seen this style referred to as a "Marilyn" top in RTW, I assume after Marilyn Monroe. (Let's hope not after Marilyn Manson, right -- ha!) It looks great on you, and that's interesting about the collar actually being wider than the neckline, but I guess it makes sense when you think about it.

Understanding Interfacings