Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8949 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:4/23/07 2:28 AM
Last Updated:4/23/07 2:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
bbbeebe said... (7/17/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Can someone tell me what an "FBA" is ..."an FBA to fit my bust" is the description in the body of the review. Thanks! B Beebe
AnneM said... (5/3/07 4:49 PM) Reply
Congratulations! That came out very nicely.
Ody said... (4/26/07 10:38 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and great review.
Nancywin said... (4/25/07 9:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip. Actually, I went to our local OSH the other day and bought some chain for .99 a foot. I will post pix when I sew it in
Bellydancing said... (4/24/07 11:40 PM) Reply
Nice work! You can pick up a chain for the hem at any hardware store. I go to Home Depot where I have several choices.
lmg said... (4/24/07 10:00 PM) Reply
A beautiful jacket with stunning trim. I overlooked this pattern for a chanel type jacket. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Karine said... (4/24/07 11:50 AM) Reply
Good review - loved the pictures. Your jacket is beautiful!
Danvillegirl said... (4/24/07 5:29 AM) Reply
I have had this pattern forever. Your review was helpful. Even with your challenges you have alovely jacket. Love the trim!
hongkongshopper said... (4/24/07 4:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! The trim is just right. Love it.
2BSewing said... (4/23/07 6:16 PM) Reply
Your jacket is absolutely beautiful. Love the fabric. You did a great job with adding beads to the trim and buttons. Wow!
Seamingly Simple said... (4/23/07 1:01 PM) Reply
I just love your beaded trim. It was well worth your effort, as it really takes this jacket to the next dimension.
Englebert said... (4/23/07 12:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket is lovely!! Thanks for the review!
Enid E said... (4/23/07 12:17 PM) Reply
Nancy, as I commented on your blog, you have a jacket that is classic and you will find you will wear it for a long time. Great job! And I admire you patience...
Nancywin said... (4/23/07 11:44 AM) Reply
I think the organza gives it a softer drape because the front seems a little firmer than the back. Actually, I would have done the whole thing with organza, but I didn't have enough. None of our stores here sell it and I didn't want to wait to order it online.
Marji said... (4/23/07 11:18 AM) Reply
Nancy, you got it done! :) It looks fabulous. Would love to see a pic of it on you. I do like that trim the best. Question: Why did you choose to fuse the fronts and underline the back with organza? Is there a significant difference in the way the fabric drapes?
Lisa Laree said... (4/23/07 9:12 AM) Reply
Very, very pretty jacket! Love the fabric/trim/buttons combo! And thanks for the heads up about the sleeves; I've got this pattern in the 'maybe someday' pile and I'll certainly check the sleeve fit!
carolynw said... (4/23/07 8:26 AM) Reply
Nancy this is georgeous - have the pattern so will give it a go - your review will be very helpful. You sure are on a sewing marathon and doing wonderful work!!
CarolynGM said... (4/23/07 7:43 AM) Reply
The trim, buttons, and fabric choice turned this simple style into a stunner! I'm so glad you were able to get the sleeves to work for you.
cindy-lou said... (4/23/07 6:56 AM) Reply
Oh, Nancy, what a beautiful jacket! You have wonderful technique and it shows so well here. If I were you I'd never go to a clothing store again! :)

by: Nenejam