Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 42394-1001 (madhatter's A-line skirt)

Reviewed by:Helen near Sydney

About Helen near Sydneystarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 10/21/05
Posted on:5/31/07 5:43 PM
Last Updated:4/23/07 5:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Blooms said... (4/3/08 5:33 AM) Reply
The small pic looks great...I'm just sorry we can't see the bigger pictures any more
Helen near Sydney said... (4/27/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for the generous comments. To respond, I topstitched the band which added stiffness. The skirt felt limp by comparison but I didn't want to line it or interface an unlined skirt so I decided to topstitch the entire skirt. It took a while but is very straight forward sewing and had the desired effect.
madhatter said... (4/25/07 3:59 AM) Reply
helen, this is GORGEOUS! i love your fabric choice and the design changes you've made with the topstitched hemline - wow! an adorable skirt! (and thanks for the review, i really feel honored!)
HenriettenDK said... (4/24/07 3:33 AM) Reply
It looks very expensive - great job!
OP Gal said... (4/23/07 8:54 PM) Reply
What an adorable skirt. I love the coordinating fabrics, and the button bad is wonderful. Great job!
CarolynGM said... (4/23/07 8:43 PM) Reply
Excellent drafting -- the fit looks just perfect. It makes me dizzy to think about topstitching that band, but the result is so refreshingly original.
Schnauzer said... (4/23/07 7:24 PM) Reply
Very nice Helen. I love the button idea!
carolynw said... (4/23/07 4:09 PM) Reply
Lovely - love the design details
F and L said... (4/23/07 3:54 PM) Reply
That is just beautiful. I adore the fabrics.
Sanibelle said... (4/23/07 1:19 PM) Reply
The band with the button are such a great idea. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. :)
grandmasews said... (4/23/07 10:03 AM) Reply
Great skirt and review. Do you have any interfacing or lining in the skirt. Or did you only interface the boder? Seems to hang so nicely.
Lynngray said... (4/23/07 9:50 AM) Reply
Wow, I love it. Great work and ideas Thanks
cindy-lou said... (4/23/07 8:27 AM) Reply
Wow, that's a beautiful, and beautifully done, skirt. Did you topstitch ALL the fabric in the body of the skirt, or just the lower border? I can't tell from the pics. Beautiful!
ckck said... (4/23/07 7:58 AM) Reply
Wow! What a great skirt and with none of the dramas of having to alter a commercial pattern.
MissCelie said... (4/23/07 7:32 AM) Reply
I adore the button and the perfect topstitching!