Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3807 (Design Studio Jr. & Jr. Plus)

Reviewed by:colormefun

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Junior
Hilary said... (9/30/07 7:24 PM) Reply
Just now saw this-what a cute dress! I love the fabric choices and the cute photo art you added :o)
AnneM said... (5/3/07 4:29 PM) Reply
Congrats on your dress. I also like your fabric combination. Yes, you really can't trust the pattern sizing, which is very annoying. And on top of that, I typically use multiple sizes when I make something. I like your right-side-up crying / happy faces.
colormefun said... (4/25/07 4:51 PM) Reply
great advice on the straps issue! thanks guys!
Laurie Lou said... (4/25/07 1:49 PM) Reply
I really like your fabric combinations...feel proud for your selections, sometimes that is very hard to do!!! Plus, great review and cute dress!
Physics Girl said... (4/25/07 12:51 PM) Reply
Very cute fabrics! Your dress looks great! Adding in some lingerie guards (little fabric straps or crochet chains with a snap) could do the trick to keep the straps in place over your bra straps.
Christina Sonja said... (4/25/07 10:11 AM) Reply
Love those fabrics together!
Juli_et said... (4/25/07 6:02 AM) Reply
Very Cute!!!
fuzzygalore said... (4/25/07 2:07 AM) Reply
Really adorable, really nice fabric combo. When you move the straps, how about angling them a tiny bit, so that the outside is a bit shorter than the inside - that helps keep them on. Although you could just skip the bra :-).
jlg said... (4/24/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Very cute. I agree that your fabric combination really works well.
cindy-lou said... (4/24/07 5:54 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC DRESS! Put some little white capri leggings with it if it EVER gets chilly where you are. :)
colormefun said... (4/24/07 5:41 PM) Reply
thanks soliel! i just realized i had someone else's dress as the pattern info photo.... i don't know how that happened... maybe when i chose this pattern from the dropdown list already there? anyway the real pattern pic is up.
Soliel said... (4/24/07 11:34 AM) Reply
I really love your dresses. I love how you put a geometric with a batik. It works. I am not sure I would have done that but I think I need to expand myself. Just adorable. I wish I could have seen the pattern, though...even though your pics were entertaining enough. Question...it looks so fitted in the bodice...how can it simply fit over your head? Someone can explain this to me???
colormefun said... (4/24/07 10:53 AM) Reply
yup! (;_;) is crying (^_^) happy (>_<) DOH! and u can get crazy with them: (C_c) (@_@) peace Y(^.^)Y
Grammy Gin said... (4/24/07 8:56 AM) Reply
You did great putting those fabrics together! Your smile put me in such a great mood to start the day, thanks! Good review, too. ; )
moss said... (4/24/07 8:40 AM) Reply
That dress is really cute and I love those two fabrics together. It looks great! ...By the way does this face ;_; mean "crying"?
JBsewmonster said... (4/24/07 7:52 AM) Reply
This dress looks great on you! Great fabric choices. I'm always looking for comfort clothes for our hot humid GA summers. Very fashionable right now. It's on my list!
PattyU said... (4/24/07 7:44 AM) Reply
Oh. I love your dress. thanks for the heads up on sizing. I measure a 12, usually sew 10's. However, I a few size 10 McCall patterns have been VERY large on me. You're dress looks great on you. It's a good idea to always go by finished measurements.
JeanetteE said... (4/24/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Adorable dress, nice review!
didda said... (4/23/07 9:36 PM) Reply