Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1305 (Capri Jacket)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:4/24/07 2:03 AM
Last Updated:9/21/07 8:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
amkws said... (9/23/07 7:42 PM) Reply
I purchased the red fabric for the same jacket and found your review very helpful. I just finished it a couple days ago. I used Emma Seabrooke's fusible knit interfacing on the 2 fronts. I also used some poly mesh between fabrics on the buttonholes. It pretty much looks like yours and I am very happy. Thanks for doing the groundwork!!
Heatherrique said... (9/21/07 11:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket!
bunz said... (9/21/07 6:16 PM) Reply
What an incredibly gorgeous knit!!
AngieC said... (9/21/07 4:48 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! I have the Garbo jacket pattern and it is very similar.
Deepika said... (9/21/07 1:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. I have this pattern too and I have a similar knit fabric :)
mmemagpie said... (9/20/07 5:09 PM) Reply
The pattern and fabric are beautiful and you did a great job of putting them together. I'm still learning about the characteristics of various interfacings, so the comments in your review about LH not using it were interesting, but I wish you had given a bit more detail on your decision to use tricot and why sew-in interfacing would have given a better drape than fusible. I appreciate your mentioning the stay-stitching and needle size/type. Thanks.
SewTwin said... (5/13/07 1:14 AM) Reply
WOW Jacket! Great fabric, and sewing..
AnneM said... (5/4/07 7:56 PM) Reply
That is beautiful. Great pattern to show off yourl ovely fabric. Good info on your interfacing experience as well.
Beve said... (4/25/07 12:50 PM) Reply
Pretty, pretty! I have this pattern and thanks to you I am encouraged to use it..
Karine said... (4/25/07 11:04 AM) Reply
Great review and great jacket. I love your fabric - a perfect choice for this pattern!
Sew4Fun said... (4/25/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. I like the idea of using a sweater knit with this pattern.
ryan's mom said... (4/25/07 6:53 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket! I saw this fabric on their website and it didn't initially catch my eye, but it looks terrific with your jacket. I have this pattern in my stash so I must might have to pull it out soon :) .
Danvillegirl said... (4/25/07 5:23 AM) Reply
Nice jacket
LBJ said... (4/24/07 4:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/24/07 3:14 PM) Reply
Oooh, the fabric is such a perfect fit for the jacket. Thanks for sharing your review.
j222b said... (4/24/07 12:43 PM) Reply
I love it. I love it. A perfect marriage of a gorgeous fabric and a simple pattern style.
nancymm said... (4/24/07 10:30 AM) Reply
This is similar to Loes' Garbo pattern. When I was in her class, I made the Garbo and had a little gappage, as you did. She had me cut a piece of FO elastic down the middle line, one inch less than the "V" measurement, and stitch it along the edge, stretching slightly to fit the edge, just like a waistband, then turn and stitch down the edge as per the pattern instructions. That very delicate elastic kept the edge from gapping - a good technique for a generous (or not so generous) figure.
Nancywin said... (4/24/07 9:54 AM) Reply
I made view A, the shorter version. I would like to lengthen it a bit next time, but not as much as view b
carolynw said... (4/24/07 8:57 AM) Reply
Another beauty. I have made this several times too and like the fit. Nancy did you use the longer length? I have only done the shorter length so far - not sure if yours is the longer or an in-between.
Marji said... (4/24/07 8:32 AM) Reply
very pretty. Looks like a chenille yarn in that sweater knit. Thanks for the source, think I'll go have a look.
cindy-lou said... (4/24/07 7:43 AM) Reply
Nancy, just beautiful. I agree that with this beautiful a fabric, 'less is more' in pattern construction-- clean, simple lines. Beautiful!
JudyP said... (4/24/07 7:24 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great! This pattern is perfect for a sweater knit. I made it in a very similar fabric and also interfaced the facings so that the buttons & button holes would have some support. The facings did seem to affect the drape of the front, but not so much as to ruin the jacket. I love the colors of your fabric!
Doris Stewart said... (4/24/07 6:28 AM) Reply
Nice - very nice. I really do have to try one of Loes Hinse's patterns - this could be the one.

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Making Patterns from Existing Garments - A CD book by Kenneth King