Pattern Reviews> Other> Merckwaerdigh MIX4 (Bra, camisole and panties)

Reviewed by:Sigrid.

About Sigrid.starstarstarstar
Netherlands
Member since: 11/14/06
Posted on:4/25/07 8:50 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Sigrid. said... (5/6/07 6:23 AM) Reply
For those who want to order at Kantje boord: mail me at isedl*@*yahoo.com (omit the asterix) and I'll mail you the details that I have. The owner has an account with the Postbank (this is not a post office, but the name of a bank here). If any of you might need a translation from a Dutch pattern, I'd like to help.
Puddin Pop said... (5/2/07 5:23 PM) Reply
The comment from Cindyann goes for me, also.
KathleenS said... (5/2/07 7:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for the link to the patterns. I think I might try one. I have Dutch family who could help with the instructions if I have problems. The bra you made is very pretty.
cindyann said... (5/1/07 4:02 PM) Reply
I would also like to order fabric from Kantje boord, but the owner and I have not been able to communicate very well. He said something about only being able to pay to the post office. If you could find out how we need to do this it would be just wonderful. The fabrics are wonderful.
Puddin Pop said... (4/27/07 3:00 PM) Reply
Thank you so much. I am so excited. I think that is a very reasonable price. I can get patterns from sew sassy. You are the best!!
Sigrid. said... (4/27/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Puddin Pop: Kantje boord deliveres packages of fabric worldwide (not separate notions). 1 packet (which is usually enough for 1 bra and 2 panties) costs 17 euro, which is approx. 23 $ at current exchange rate. Shipment costs have to be added. Minimum shipment charge is for a package up to 2 kilos. (the weight of 1 package of fabric is approx. 350 grams). If I can be of assistance (the owner is very friendly, but says his English is not so good) let me know, only from Saturday I'll be away a week with probably no internet access. As to the pattern: I also asked for English translations, but they are not available at the moment. This is "work in progress". You can see the patterns on the site mentioned in my review.
Puddin Pop said... (4/26/07 10:28 PM) Reply
Sigrid, that would be wonderful if you could ask them. I would love to buy some of those sets. I don't have a clue how much they would cost in U.S. dollars. Also, could I buy patterns, such as yours?
Sigrid. said... (4/26/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Puddin Pop, I don't know if they send sets of fabric to the US, they do in Europe. If you want I'll phone them and ask for details.
Puddin Pop said... (4/26/07 1:12 PM) Reply
Sigrid, The bra is beautiful and I was wondering if you know if someone from United States could order sets on line from Kantje Boord? I have never seen fabric sets this beautiful.
cindyann said... (4/26/07 9:05 AM) Reply
What a cute bra! Your construction looks wonderful. Thanks for the links. I adore making lingerie.
Sigrid. said... (4/26/07 3:00 AM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments and tips on the needle. I'll try a ballpoint next time. The problem might have to do something with interacting fabric, as at this point of construction you have to topstitch four layers of difficult fabric and it has a curve! And Kantje boord is a really remarkable place, very small but fully packed with all sorts of lycra, lace and ALL notions you need. When I go there I always spend more then intended :-) They have cheap things and beautiful lace that you see in expensive RTW. And even that costs no more then 4 euro a meter.
Barbara R said... (4/26/07 1:34 AM) Reply
Too cute! Now I feel like making bras again!
mastdenman said... (4/25/07 11:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful bra. I can see spending lots of money at Kantje boord. Beautiful stuff.
mastdenman said... (4/25/07 10:13 PM) Reply
Annika said... (4/25/07 4:15 PM) Reply
Ohhh, I have been to Kantje Boord! A bunch of us went for the 2004 Pattern Review European Weekend. Isn't it a remarkable place? Love your bra! Cute! Cute! Cute! Thanks also for the link to Merckwaerdigh's store!
Soliel said... (4/25/07 1:21 PM) Reply
Wow very ambitious. Very cute bra.
squirrellypoo said... (4/25/07 12:58 PM) Reply
I'm in awe. I've never attempted lingerie before because it looks so complicated. But the result you got here are fantastic - I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell that it wasn't RTW!
fuzzygalore said... (4/25/07 12:52 PM) Reply
Maybe it's not the -kind- of needle (and I'd use a ballpoint rather than a microtex, which would puncture the elastic in the fabric too much I think) but the -size- of it. Is your thread smooth fine polyester? Anyway, great bra, although you'd have to be 13 indeed to wear anything with a single hook..
MissCelie said... (4/25/07 11:48 AM) Reply
I honestly never considered making my own bras, but this is just so pretty!!
khurtdvm said... (4/25/07 10:47 AM) Reply
I love the fabric for a bra!
kim*brown said... (4/25/07 10:28 AM) Reply
Wonderful job, it's too cute, my teen daughter would love that one!
Elemenopeo said... (4/25/07 9:41 AM) Reply
Maybe the skipped stitches are from the two layers of fabric interacting there? Did you lay them so the stretch was dissimilar there in the cups? It looks great - love the dotted fabric.
Lynngray said... (4/25/07 9:10 AM) Reply