Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3964 (Built by you)

Reviewed by:colormefun

About colormefunstar
Member since: 11/30/06
Posted on:4/25/07 11:50 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
AnneM said... (5/4/07 8:40 PM) Reply
Very cute, both your picture & the top. I didn't realize initially that the fabric had transformers on it. That makes it a great fabric - subtle enough so it doesn't look childish, but fun when you get a closer look. The style is much more flattering that I would have expected from this pattern; I think your knit fabric choice helps that a great deal.
Annika said... (4/27/07 9:43 AM) Reply
What a fantastic crime-stopping top! Iconic!
Skymom said... (4/27/07 9:03 AM) Reply
I love the high-contrast solid/print thing, and then when you said it was transformers, I loved it even more! It's really cute--sort of retro and mod and contemporary all at once.
Erica B. said... (4/26/07 4:31 PM) Reply
That is too cute. I've had this pattern in my stash for the longest. I think this would make a fabulous little top to throw on with jeans.
Elemenopeo said... (4/26/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Hilarious photo and a kicking shirt.
colormefun said... (4/26/07 1:50 PM) Reply
Puddinpop- i used adobe photoshop CS2. all i did was use the magnetic lasso to select myself and then i pasted myself to the drawing.
colormefun said... (4/26/07 1:31 PM) Reply
Grammy Gin said... (4/26/07 1:29 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirt! I love the contrasting colors.....makes it very interesting, to say the least. The battle was cute! Thanks for the review.
Puddin Pop said... (4/26/07 12:44 PM) Reply
Great top and I love that you are out there fighting crime to boot. What photo shop software did you use? Was it hard to create that picture?
colormefun said... (4/26/07 12:37 PM) Reply
femmebot- i got it on clearance at Jo-Anns. yeah, the inset was a little challenging. i just had to pin and baste like crazy to make sure everything was lying where it was supposed to. glad you guys liked my shirt! i love wearing it because you can't tell until you get close that it's a transformers shirt. it's like a "robot shirt in disguise" if you will.....
colormefun said... (4/26/07 10:17 AM) Reply
choochie said... (4/26/07 9:44 AM) Reply
Even if this had NOT been your first time working with t-shirt knits I would say the shirt looks *awesome* - but great job on your intro to the fabric, too! I also have this pattern and have been waiting to find time to sew it. I like the contrasting fabrics.
moss said... (4/26/07 8:11 AM) Reply
LOVE IT! :) Love your photoshopping skillz. And your top. :)
MissCelie said... (4/26/07 7:02 AM) Reply
Optimus Prime never looked so good. Right, so first of all, could not LOVE the Transformers more. I used to run home after school to watch with my brother. In fact, I still have the full Constructacon set. That being said, GREAT shirt (even if it was in another fabric I would still like it).
cindy-lou said... (4/26/07 6:56 AM) Reply
You are cracking me up, girl! Beautiful unique top. Wendy would be proud.
femmebot said... (4/26/07 2:38 AM) Reply
I'm working on that pattern right now actually! I had problems perfecting the inset seams. Yours looks great though. Where did you get the Transformer knit fabric?
ladybegood said... (4/26/07 1:41 AM) Reply
I love it! Like its not cool enough to make a Transformers shirt, but to endanger yourself in the middle of an actual Transformers' battle just to get the perfect picture... you're my new hero!
khurtdvm said... (4/26/07 0:16 AM) Reply
That fabric is too funny! I bought some for my little boy for PJs, but I'm half-tempted to use it for ME!

Victory Lola Paper Pattern