Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2006-105 (Striped Blouse)

Reviewed by:blue mooney

About blue mooneystarstarstar
Member since: 12/21/02
Posted on:4/28/07 4:49 PM
Last Updated:4/28/07 8:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
BettyMike said... (4/30/07 6:37 PM) Reply
I liked this shirt the minute I saw it, but alas I'm afraid of stripes. Yours looks great! Love the fabric.
nicegirl said... (4/30/07 4:30 PM) Reply
Great fit and love the striped detailing.
Jane S said... (4/30/07 8:03 AM) Reply
Love this blouse on you. I collect stiped fabric and your review is inspiring me to actually sew it!
KiwiWendy said... (4/29/07 10:37 PM) Reply
oh, I've stashed this pattern too. I'm going to do the outside panel with vertical, and the other diagonal (shoulder to waist direction stripes
Linda G said... (4/29/07 9:30 PM) Reply
Very cute..you did a great job.
Karen6790 said... (4/29/07 6:15 PM) Reply
Great job. I cut out this blouse when I got the magazine last year, and it's been aging on my sewing table. Note to self: Must finish blouse, it looks really cute.
Heatherrique said... (4/29/07 12:38 PM) Reply
Stunning top!
Em's Summer said... (4/29/07 11:26 AM) Reply
The shirt looks great! I like the extra styling detail that showcases stripes! Great job!
Debbie Cook said... (4/29/07 9:53 AM) Reply
Very nice work! The fit is great on you. This blouse caught my eye too when I first saw it. Hopefully it will work it's way up on my to-do list (which never seems to get any shorter!).
Marji said... (4/29/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Robyn, I really like the stripe effects on this blouse. Love that fabric too. Your fit is really nice. This blouse might have to make it to my to-be-made list - it grows and grows ;)
blue mooney said... (4/29/07 7:34 AM) Reply
Thanks, all! Beangirl, I'll make a note on the pattern to try it a little longer next time.
motomoda said... (4/29/07 2:24 AM) Reply
Yes I agree - very nice! I have also been eyeing this pattern and have several striped fabrics (being a bit of a stripe fan) to choose from. As you say, I may not want more than one of these in my wardrobe so which fabric to choose!! I think that nipping it in at the waist would enhance the look of the blouse as well as the fit. Thanks for the review
Liana said... (4/29/07 1:10 AM) Reply
Very cute, and I love the stripe details.
tomed said... (4/28/07 9:57 PM) Reply
Nice job! It looks great on you! I love the back and princess seams in this blouse also. The center back seam makes for a great fit.
beangirl said... (4/28/07 9:29 PM) Reply
I really like this one on you! (My only "maybe" would be whether it could be a half-inch or so longer? Not sure, it's awfully cute as it is!) I keep eying this one and can't ever decide. Yours is making it very tempting.
CarolynGM said... (4/28/07 6:08 PM) Reply
Very clever design for a stripe.
cindy-lou said... (4/28/07 5:45 PM) Reply
Great blouse! Very nice fit too.
Mufffet said... (4/28/07 5:24 PM) Reply
Your blouses are so pretty!

brerrabbit.com The Wiggle Dress