Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4792 (Vintage 1950s Shrug)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:4/30/07 3:55 PM
Last Updated:4/30/07 3:55 PM

AnneM said... (5/8/07 7:38 AM) Reply
The shrug looks great, even if the fit feels off. Good length on you.
EastwoodFan said... (5/1/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Your reviews are always a must read. I like your sense of style and you have a lot of talent. This shrug is really cute!
nicegirl said... (5/1/07 5:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for the compliments, everyone. Maybe I am starting to like it more. ;-) I lined it with the cotton to give some body to the lifeless poly brocade. And because it was already in my stash. It's a polished cotton so it slides on and off well.
ryan's mom said... (5/1/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Looks great even though you have fitting issues with it. The dress isn't at the top of your list??? Gosh, I'd love to see you make that one up :) !!!
Sew4Fun said... (5/1/07 1:06 AM) Reply
Cute shrug.
Karen6790 said... (4/30/07 11:26 PM) Reply
It looks cute on you. The lining probably does account for some of the tightness, but you can't see it. We can't love every project - at least this wasn't a complex one with expensive fabric. There, that's my Pollyanna thought for the day.
Schnauzer said... (4/30/07 10:17 PM) Reply
A really cute little shrug and it looks so nice on you!
frame said... (4/30/07 10:10 PM) Reply
I'm sorry your shrug isn't that comfortable, but it sure does look cute! Do you think it's the dolman sleeves?
Nancywin said... (4/30/07 8:58 PM) Reply
Your Jackette is very cute - but I know that if it is not comfortable, you wll probably never wear it. Considering all the cute things you make, I guess 1 "not so great" is not so bad. Why did you choose to use a heavy cotton for the lining instead of something more slippery?
OP Gal said... (4/30/07 8:07 PM) Reply
Very cute shrug. Too bad you don't love it. At least you have something you can wear without investing a lot of money to sew it.
mochalover said... (4/30/07 8:07 PM) Reply
I agree with Reggie's Mom I too am amazed at how you constantly turn out cute pieces. Where do you get the time? I need to know your secret! Anyway I think the shrug is still a keeper.
Reggies Mom said... (4/30/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Sorry you're not so pleased with your shrug, but they all can't be winners. I'm always amazed at how prolific a sewer you are, constantly turning out really cute pieces. Glad you pointed this out because that dress has a really unique neckline....can't wait until you get around to whipping that up. (Oh, your link to the McCall 5045 doesn't work. You've got an extra "htt" at the beginning.)

by: ChrisS

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Christine Jonson Travel Trio One