Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4792 (Vintage 1950s Shrug)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:4/30/07 3:55 PM
Last Updated:4/30/07 3:55 PM

AnneM said... (5/8/07 7:38 AM) Reply
The shrug looks great, even if the fit feels off. Good length on you.
EastwoodFan said... (5/1/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Your reviews are always a must read. I like your sense of style and you have a lot of talent. This shrug is really cute!
nicegirl said... (5/1/07 5:14 PM) Reply
Thank you for the compliments, everyone. Maybe I am starting to like it more. ;-) I lined it with the cotton to give some body to the lifeless poly brocade. And because it was already in my stash. It's a polished cotton so it slides on and off well.
ryan's mom said... (5/1/07 7:37 AM) Reply
Looks great even though you have fitting issues with it. The dress isn't at the top of your list??? Gosh, I'd love to see you make that one up :) !!!
Sew4Fun said... (5/1/07 1:06 AM) Reply
Cute shrug.
Karen6790 said... (4/30/07 11:26 PM) Reply
It looks cute on you. The lining probably does account for some of the tightness, but you can't see it. We can't love every project - at least this wasn't a complex one with expensive fabric. There, that's my Pollyanna thought for the day.
Schnauzer said... (4/30/07 10:17 PM) Reply
A really cute little shrug and it looks so nice on you!
frame said... (4/30/07 10:10 PM) Reply
I'm sorry your shrug isn't that comfortable, but it sure does look cute! Do you think it's the dolman sleeves?
Nancywin said... (4/30/07 8:58 PM) Reply
Your Jackette is very cute - but I know that if it is not comfortable, you wll probably never wear it. Considering all the cute things you make, I guess 1 "not so great" is not so bad. Why did you choose to use a heavy cotton for the lining instead of something more slippery?
OP Gal said... (4/30/07 8:07 PM) Reply
Very cute shrug. Too bad you don't love it. At least you have something you can wear without investing a lot of money to sew it.
mochalover said... (4/30/07 8:07 PM) Reply
I agree with Reggie's Mom I too am amazed at how you constantly turn out cute pieces. Where do you get the time? I need to know your secret! Anyway I think the shrug is still a keeper.
Reggies Mom said... (4/30/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Sorry you're not so pleased with your shrug, but they all can't be winners. I'm always amazed at how prolific a sewer you are, constantly turning out really cute pieces. Glad you pointed this out because that dress has a really unique neckline....can't wait until you get around to whipping that up. (Oh, your link to the McCall 5045 doesn't work. You've got an extra "htt" at the beginning.)

Other My Childhood Treasures