Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Lorraine Torrence Designs> 0000 (Quattro Curves Jacket)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:5/1/07 7:52 PM
Last Updated:5/1/07 7:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Lou05 said... (8/15/07 1:06 AM) Reply
I'd love to see this pattern made up but unfortunately the PR site says I have reached the page in error and nothing shows?
carolynw said... (5/2/07 4:07 PM) Reply
Suzanrossi - should have added that if I were using just two of these I would omit the narrow strip fabric - going for a solid blue - I quilt and something about these three together just does not do it for me.
carolynw said... (5/2/07 3:59 PM) Reply
Suzanrossi - not using any of these - think I am going to go with a black and white theme and as said use only two fabrics. The final jacket is for evening wear for a gala so it will have to be a bit special as far as the fabric goes. Still thinking about it - like the back better so may do a lot of changes on the pattern itself to get just straight lines in the front similar to the back.
suzanrossi said... (5/2/07 11:18 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket - I've taken a peak at many of your creations, Clin, and am always appreciative of how you put textures and colors together so well. Out of curiosity - which two fabrics of the three will you use?
OP Gal said... (5/2/07 10:59 AM) Reply
I love the combination of fabrics. I would certainly consider this a "wearable muslin." It's beautiful.
moss said... (5/2/07 9:12 AM) Reply
This is a MUSLIN??????? My goodness! It is so beautiful! I can't wait to see the "real" thing!
carolynw said... (5/2/07 8:42 AM) Reply
j222b - I am with you - I definitely like the back better than the front - the other view does not have this lap over at the front and I think that is more what I am after in the final run.
Cheryl Reeves said... (5/2/07 8:35 AM) Reply
Oh, I really like!! This is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it in black and gold. Clin, you really do a great job on your jackets.
Jane S said... (5/2/07 7:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've had it for more than a year and haven't made it up. Your picture is definitely inspiring. And I'm with you about pockets, sort of like carrying a extra large purse...you just put more stuff in it!
Karen8320 said... (5/2/07 6:58 AM) Reply
Clin, I love what you've done with this pattern! One of the joys of sewing is being able to be different to everyone else - in a positive way - and you've certainly done that with this. This is a gorgeous and unique jacket. I think you've done a great job with the four colours. It's great when people are adventurous because it gives the rest of us ideas to think about. Good on you! This is definitely better than a wearable muslin. I can't wait to see what you do with other colours and fabrics.
j222b said... (5/1/07 11:58 PM) Reply
Nice! I like the back better than the front. I often sew pockets closed or keep them sewn closed on RTW--'cause I think stuff in pockets distorts lines as well.
KarmenG said... (5/1/07 11:36 PM) Reply
Nice lines on that jacket. Looks like a great "wearable" muslin to me and lots of piping!! Very colorful and and I think you'll get a lot of complements wearing it.

StyleArc Twiggy Dress