Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2842 (Vogue Bridal Original)

Reviewed by:jhansby

About jhansbystar
Member since: 1/9/05
Posted on:5/4/07 8:31 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
jhansby said... (11/12/10 9:10 AM) Reply
Patticakes-I will email you directly :)
jhansby said... (11/12/10 9:09 AM) Reply
Rebecca, I did have trouble with the muslin on that issue, and realized some of pieces just weren't matching right. Your drapes of these pleats will also be effected by the fabric type, as I'm sure you know. I just "fudged with it" until I got the look I liked :)
Pattycakes60 said... (11/11/10 10:16 AM) Reply
I love red! What a beautiful gown! My daughter and I selected this pattern for her wedding dress. I'd love to see the pix of your muslins. Here is my email: [email protected] Pat
Rebecca B said... (7/26/10 2:29 PM) Reply
This is an amazing dress and it looks stunning...I am just sewing it as a wedding dress and wondered if you had any probs with the front pleats looking 'baggy'???
sfgb said... (5/8/10 9:45 PM) Reply
Truly stunning. The embroidery takes it to a very professional level.
JohveStockholm said... (8/18/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful! You are very good at sewing and a nice good mother!!
jhansby said... (3/12/08 3:27 PM) Reply
Caroline, I do have pics of my god-daughter in the dress...buried somewhere but I'll try to find them. You may also want to look at this blog...she just finished it as a wedding gown for her friend: The seamstress is Gwen...she's a member here and did a great job!!
Charmtrollet said... (3/11/08 8:54 AM) Reply
I Realy love this dress! The plan is that im gonna sew 3 dresses for my sisters wedding and i guess that this dress will be the model. I loooove this dress. Do you have any pictures when someone is wearing the dress? Best regards Caroline
rozzybabe said... (2/2/08 6:51 PM) Reply
I'm just finishing this dress as my first ever formal gown. I'm going to give a go at a home dressmaking business, specializing in bridal/formalwear. I've never done a muslin before, but have realized after this gown how ABSOLUTELY essential one is. I also found the pleats needed altering; they didn't drape properly. Your detailed pictures are fabulous, thanks so very much. I did a lace overlay on the bodice & godet, (beaded the bodice only). Also, something I've never done before! I noticed you put an invisible zipper in the back instead of the button/loop closure. I've done a lapped zipper, & will "cheat" & sew satin covered buttons on the lapped side. I agree it should offer a zipper closure option. A technique in S. Andriks book "How to make the wedding dress of your dreams", on pg.113, explains how to put a zipper & button/loop closure in in one unique technique. I'll give it a try if my business takes off; shall be doing a presentation where I live on March 9/08 to get exposure. If the gown looks as stunning as yours, success will be mine! ] ]Thanks for a super review.
angldst said... (9/2/07 10:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I'm actually making the version with sleeves for a bride very soon in white & silver dupioni. Your god daughter's dress turned out just.gorgeous. :)
ELizabeth_Atl said... (8/15/07 9:04 PM) Reply
Stunning. I am in awe. And the litte bag is too cute. Your God-daughter will be breaking all the boys' hearts!
AnneM said... (5/13/07 9:04 AM) Reply
Lovely, just lovely. The embroidery is a wonderful addition, and elegant.
Jwilson said... (5/8/07 6:51 PM) Reply
It's a real pleasure to see this dress in that beautiful red, and OHHHH the embroidery!! This is the pattern I started with for my daughter's wedding dress; we ended up incorporating a built in corselette, which was a real improvement in convenience! I know you loved making it! I can't imagine anything more satisfying! Jacque
Marji said... (5/8/07 8:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous!!!! That turned out incredible. Love the embroidery, your pleats hang beautifully, it is overall just a stunning dress.
MissCelie said... (5/5/07 4:06 PM) Reply
Wow. Amazing dress and an adorable bag.
Celeste said... (5/5/07 10:35 AM) Reply
Kitty Couture said... (5/5/07 9:08 AM) Reply
Wow, this is absolutely stunning. You have one lucky god-daughter. Can't wait to see the pictures of her in the dress.
Jane S said... (5/5/07 8:10 AM) Reply
Wow, spectacular dress, she could be on the red carpet in this one.
Karla Kizer said... (5/5/07 7:53 AM) Reply
LOL. My DD's prom dress was strapless, red/black dupionni and lined with a batiste - nothing slippery or sticky. The version you made is gorgeous...but then, I would be prejudiced, wouldn't I? I'm betting that in the years ahead your god-daughter will "visit" the dress where it hangs in the closet, just to admire it all over again. Congratulations on a beautiful dress.
Sew4Fun said... (5/5/07 5:41 AM) Reply
Divine dress. I can't wait to see it on your god-daughter.
coolobreeze said... (5/5/07 0:10 AM) Reply
This is so gorgeous; I look forward to more pictures!
jhansby said... (5/4/07 8:10 PM) Reply
I will post the additional construction pics soon. Thanks so much for the positive comments!
Vonnevo said... (5/4/07 7:51 PM) Reply
Totally fabulous !!!!! I would also like to see additional photos :)) The matching bag is perfect too !!
GwenC said... (5/4/07 6:53 PM) Reply
Truly beautiful! I also would be very interested in seeing the rest of your pictures - I think this pattern is probably too difficult for me, but maybe not (and if not now, maybe someday...) ;) Thanks so much for the review!
sew obsessed said... (5/4/07 6:49 PM) Reply
This is just stunning. What a beautiful prom dress- the color makes it look so rich (love that shade of red). Do post a picture of the young lady in her dress. I'm sure she will be gorgeous.
Reggies Mom said... (5/4/07 3:42 PM) Reply
What a magical shade of red. No doubt she'll be a knock-out, and have such wonderful memories. How sweet of you to do so much work to make it happen.
Stephanie C. said... (5/4/07 2:31 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous!
carolynw said... (5/4/07 2:03 PM) Reply
Just absolutely stunning. What alucky girl to hav eyou ake somethign so truly beautiful fo rher - I am sure she will turn every head when she wear it
Ann Smith said... (5/4/07 1:13 PM) Reply
What a lucky girl! This is so beautiful. I love all the embroidery. The bag is perfect. And even matching things for her date. They will look spectacular. Eagerly awaiting more photos...
Pinkytoo said... (5/4/07 12:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!! I'd love to see the smile on the face of the wearer.
cindyann said... (5/4/07 12:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful! That fabric is wonderful.
Soliel said... (5/4/07 11:25 AM) Reply
What a great dress! What a wonderful thing you did for her!!!
Tipseysmum said... (5/4/07 10:40 AM) Reply
wow wow wow... id be very intreested in seeing the procedure photos as i have this pattern.... wow
jamierhea said... (5/4/07 10:36 AM) Reply
So pretty! I love the roses!
Lynngray said... (5/4/07 10:10 AM) Reply
Wow it's just gorgeous. Lucky girl.
Leslie in Austin said... (5/4/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful--such a fabulous red. Can't wait to see pictures of prom girl wearing it. The purse is adorable, too! Bravo.
Elemenopeo said... (5/4/07 9:49 AM) Reply
Georgeous! I love the embroidery and the handbag really tops it off. Can't wait to see pix of it being worn if it looks so good on the hanger.
jewelsfashions said... (5/4/07 9:11 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh!!!! that is so gorgeous. You did a fantastic job. Love the design of the dress and roses and how you placed them in the places you did. Just lovely.
moss said... (5/4/07 9:01 AM) Reply
So pretty! Wow!
SewVeryTall said... (5/4/07 8:58 AM) Reply
I love it! My absolute favorite shade of red. She's going to love this dress!
Princess Jenny said... (5/4/07 8:48 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous. She will be lovely at the Prom.

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2013-107