Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4092 (ElizabethSwann/MarieAntoinette)

Viewed 1941 times
Reviewed by:Costume Queen

About Costume Queenstar
Member since: 1/18/06
Posted on:5/4/07 9:16 AM
Last Updated:3/29/09 4:14 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes

Ligeia said... (4/1/09 3:23 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous.What a beautiful dress.
Kem P. said... (1/21/09 6:48 PM) Reply
Great job! I have bought fabric to make this dress and will definitely make a muslin at your suggestion. I too think the zipper might not go with the look of the dress, so I might try hooks and eyes for a change. Again, fantastic job, I can't wait to get started!
Kem P. said... (1/21/09 6:46 PM) Reply
Costume Queen said... (8/29/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Ellee, the panniers were actually quite easy to make. I was surprised. I know a lot of people don't like working with boning, but I really have no problem with it. It's zippers that get me. :)
Ellee said... (8/28/08 10:52 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely dress!! How did making the panniers go?
nicegirl said... (8/28/08 10:10 AM) Reply
Nice! It's so fun to make this kind of crazy costume.
Annette1 said... (8/28/08 1:23 AM) Reply
What a fabulous costume, and impeccable work! :o)
Costume Queen said... (5/8/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful comments! I have a huge Marie Antoinette style wig that I wore with this. It was so much fun. I love dressing up! This year, I'm thinking of making Giselle's Wedding Dress from the movie Enchanted. =)
Gelbean said... (5/8/08 9:19 PM) Reply
This dress is incredible. What a great and unique Halloween costume. I bet you didn't run into anyone wearing the same costume.
chirogrrl said... (4/20/08 6:28 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous!! I think it looks just like Elizabeth Swann's Dress :) Thanks for the review!
jeanyus said... (2/20/08 4:33 PM) Reply
Impressive, I was just wishing you had a back view in your photo album. You might want to post it at the POTC costume yahoo group, its a site for people interested in making any POTC costume.
Luckylibbet said... (2/20/08 2:30 PM) Reply
Looks very authentic - terrific job!
U. Chicago said... (2/9/08 8:55 AM) Reply
Wow, that is gorgeous! You must be REALLY into Halloween to put that much effort into a costume for passing out candy! What a great job you did, and thanks for strongly recommending a muslin (I never make them either, even when I should).
lilyofthevalley said... (2/8/08 11:58 PM) Reply
The kids must have been shocked to receive candy from Royalty. The costume looks fabulous, simply fabulous. What beautiful choices you've made and your workmanship is superb. -Lily
AnneM said... (5/13/07 9:00 AM) Reply
Big project. Sounds like it came out very well after you adjustments. (Remember - flat pattern measure! ) As a bonus, you get exercise wearing this because it must weigh a fair amount with all that fabric!
cindy-lou said... (5/4/07 2:08 PM) Reply
Beautiful results! However, I can only see the gallery pic. Can you post bigger pictures??

by: yummymummy...