Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3835 (Built By You Tie-sleeve Dress)

Reviewed by:choochie

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:5/5/07 11:52 PM
Last Updated:5/5/07 11:53 PM

AnneM said... (5/13/07 9:12 AM) Reply
Cute trendy dress. This isn't a style I wear, but I really like the neck line. I think your softer fabric is what makes it.
AuntieShel said... (5/8/07 2:14 PM) Reply
How cute--LOVE the fabric.
choochie said... (5/6/07 11:46 PM) Reply
CrescentaLuna - This fabric isn't stiff at all and it drapes very nicely. I really need to put it on and get my husband to snap a picture, don't I? lol I didn't cut anything on the bias except for the sleeve ties (which was specified in the pattern). It was my first time cutting on the bias so it was interesting to see what a difference it makes. Those suckers were stretchy! I decided to use this particular fabric after I read one of the reviewer's comments that the pattern would work well with a print like this. Otherwise I don't think I would have been so bold.
CrescentaLuna said... (5/6/07 9:49 PM) Reply
I really like this version - like everyone else, I think it's the fabric that really sings! I love quilter's cottons too but they can be stiff - did you cut on the bias? Does it drape well?
choochie said... (5/6/07 3:00 PM) Reply
Soliel - I definitely have THIGHS and a butt! lol... I've got lots of curves right now as I have a nursing baby here, and this style is very flattering on me (with the leggings I mentioned needing underneath the very mini-dress)
Soliel said... (5/6/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Yes, the fabric does wonders. I am curvy and it seemed like Built by You patterns were made for very stick like people...with no thighs! Cute dress.
BJ1400 said... (5/6/07 10:57 AM) Reply
Very cute & I love your fabric!
strasfamily said... (5/6/07 10:22 AM) Reply
Very cute and I just LOVE the fabric! Thanks for a great review, I just may be brave enought to sew this one!
Bonnie O said... (5/6/07 8:31 AM) Reply
Adorable, fun dress!
marjenann said... (5/6/07 7:57 AM) Reply
Love your choice of pattern and fabric! Very fashion forward!
MissCelie said... (5/6/07 7:03 AM) Reply
I quite like your fabric. It gives it a very mod look.
Lisa Merry said... (5/6/07 0:43 AM) Reply