Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3049 (Dress)

Reviewed by:moss

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Formalwear

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

AnneM said... (5/14/07 8:26 PM) Reply
Very nice - I love the double layer look. Congratulations on your dress.
moss said... (5/8/07 7:52 AM) Reply
Aunt saidee.. don't be afraid of bias! It is not at all hard. :) I think I will hem it. It will look better. I didn't shorten the dress ... I cut it on the cutting line for view C (knee length). And I would definitely say that there is not as much swing as the line drawing makes it look. Maybe if both layers were rayon, maybe. The skirt is not full, just somewhat flared. Anyway, thanks everybody for your nice comments!
aunt saidee said... (5/8/07 1:34 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous stripe and you featured it nicely with this pattern. I have to look so hard at the line drawings and the shape of the pattern pieces to verify whether the swing shown in a drawing is really as pronounced as it seems... I'm wondering whether you might have lost some of it if you had to shorten the dress. Do you still sew everything BY HAND??? The detail you put into this says "please hem me," but that is my own bias showing--pun intended!! Bias hems need to 'rest' by hanging at least overnight, I've been told. I'm too chicken to sew bias! Thanks for the review.
Larkin said... (5/8/07 0:27 AM) Reply
Congratulations on getting such good fit on your most fitted thing EVER! I think that you'd do it again and that you consider it a quick dress shows you've really mastered it. Thanks for the review.
marjenann said... (5/7/07 6:17 PM) Reply
Great job on your very cute dress!! The stripes look terrific!
Soliel said... (5/7/07 9:43 AM) Reply
Yeah, the pattern looks like it has an upswing at the hem. Maybe that is from a particular fabric? Congratulations on your dress! I was always curious about this one.

Self Drafted Pattern Luly Yang