Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4914 (Maggy London Dress)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:5/7/07 9:19 PM
Last Updated:1/14/08 5:59 PM

MelissaB in WA said... (1/15/08 11:52 PM) Reply
Looks like you lemonade out of a lemon - great work and what a high compliment that your daughter loves it!
Cheryl Reeves said... (1/15/08 8:35 AM) Reply
Beautiful job, as always.
rivergum said... (1/14/08 8:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress, marji!
Leora said... (1/14/08 7:23 PM) Reply
That looks like a nice print. Glad she likes it (finally) after all that work.
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/14/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Wow - reading the update (not very carefully), I assumed the picture was your 18 year old daughter... Are you sure that's you? You do not look old enough to have an 18 year old. :) You look smashing! And the dress is fab too!
AnneM said... (5/14/07 6:44 PM) Reply
Love your version. I bought this pattern after seeing the previous reviews. You'll have to wear your dress when you go to France.
Sigrid. said... (5/8/07 5:09 PM) Reply
Sparkling, special dress. I love the pattern. Will put it on my wish list.
Ody said... (5/8/07 3:27 PM) Reply
Marji--so cute! So fresh for summer and I know you will live in that dress this year.
AuntieShel said... (5/8/07 2:06 PM) Reply
Please let me add my kudos--absolutely fabulous dress, looks wonderful on you.
cindyann said... (5/8/07 9:10 AM) Reply
Awsome dress!! I'm so bummed that the fabric is from France........I want some. What a great pattern. Thank you for the tip on the wooly nylon.
Bonnie O said... (5/8/07 8:54 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress. Knit dresses are awesome!
carolynw said... (5/8/07 8:43 AM) Reply
Lovely dress - the color is wonderful on you and it looks like it must be very comfortable.
Beve said... (5/8/07 8:04 AM) Reply
That is a lovely dress! And so becoming to you. Thanks for the review..
cindy-lou said... (5/8/07 6:59 AM) Reply
You look DYNAMITE in this dress! Beautiful-- but I wouldn't expect anything else. :) Thanks for the great review-- I'll bookmark it for when I make a dress like this.
Jane S said... (5/8/07 6:58 AM) Reply
What a wonderful color and flattering style on you. I just tried this dress on in a store this weekend and thought, I know this is a pattern somewhere, so thanks for the timely review.
CarolynGM said... (5/8/07 6:21 AM) Reply
I love the way the bodice fits so smoothly. The lining and clear elastic were very successful techniques. This is a great pattern for you.
Tany said... (5/8/07 3:18 AM) Reply
That's a great dress! Wow!
Christina Sonja said... (5/8/07 2:37 AM) Reply
Your sleeveless version turned out great. I *love* it when dresses are so comfortable you don't want to take them off!
hongkongshopper said... (5/8/07 1:21 AM) Reply
It looks so comfy! Love the fabric and style on you. Nice!
LiZ said... (5/8/07 0:34 AM) Reply
Both the dress and the fabric are absolutely gorgeous.
Larkin said... (5/8/07 0:32 AM) Reply
What a great dress! It looks wonderful on you - light and breezy.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/8/07 0:08 AM) Reply
Your dress is so gorgeous and special!! Thanks for sharing this glorious dress. Where do you find your fabric?? Or is it a secret?
Em's Summer said... (5/7/07 11:45 PM) Reply
What a cool dress! I love the style, the colors, the print! It's a gorgeous dress! Great job!
Celeste said... (5/7/07 11:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful job!! Love the color too! I also love to put wooly nylon in both loopers for stretchy stuff--it makes the seams so resilient.
heatherst said... (5/7/07 11:08 PM) Reply
Love your dress.
Nancywin said... (5/7/07 11:03 PM) Reply
Hey Marji - your dress looks great, and I LOVE your fabric. So, you're shopping in France, now are you?
Heatherrique said... (5/7/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Marji, you're a knockout in this cute dress!
Vonnevo said... (5/7/07 10:09 PM) Reply
Love it Marji !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kiwi Girl said... (5/7/07 9:55 PM) Reply
I am thrilled to see your review - I have just walked in after shopping in town and bought this exact pattern. Thanks for the great tips.. It looks beautiful on youboth fit and colour. It looks great with sleeves too, I would not have thought to do that. Great job
quilter55 said... (5/7/07 9:48 PM) Reply
What a great looking dress and the fit is perfect! Since you left off the sleeves did you have to modify the armhole to get it to fit so nicely??
Pinkytoo said... (5/7/07 9:44 PM) Reply
Gorgeous as always! I saw a pattern similar to this (I think it was a Vogue) but I passed on it, might have to take another look!
didda said... (5/7/07 9:33 PM) Reply
i likeit. real nice color on you. i wouldn't have given this pattern a second thought, but seeing it made up insteadof just a sketch, well, i'm going to have to consider that now. i like it better sleeveless.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns