Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6672

Member since: 2/16/06
Posted on:5/9/07 5:32 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
SewTwin said... (6/6/07 4:13 PM) Reply
Want a June comment? Love the style of the dress, and I think the print is perfect for a "Petite" persona! I will notice the shoulder seams/straps with this detail since I also prefer dresses in summer when it becomes 95-100+ here in Austin, TX. I think this one graduated from a muslin to a ?SWAP item?
madhatter said... (5/23/07 11:14 AM) Reply
looks airy and fresh - it will bring you many compliments!
AnneM said... (5/16/07 6:00 AM) Reply
Nice looking dress. I am not a big fan of full gathered skirts either, so I like how yours turned out. I have to work that strap style into something I make. Your dress looks particularly nice with that pink sweater.
slanden99 said... (5/14/07 12:47 PM) Reply
Nice dress! I love the gathered straps
AlexaNJ said... (5/13/07 8:51 AM) Reply
this is quite cute! I love the dresses with midriffs like that - I soon will be making Butterick 4915 which is similar. Great job!!
cathy45 said... (5/10/07 9:46 AM) Reply
Love your dress. The sweaters give it a very polished look.
Sherril Miller said... (5/9/07 8:27 PM) Reply
I love your dress, it's so much prettier than the cover pic. I especially love the neckline.
Laurie Lou said... (5/9/07 4:40 PM) Reply
I'm impressed. I too thought the skirt might be too full (I also have this pattern) and I really like the way yours turned out. Plus Brown is in fashion this year so at least you will be "with the times and your pink and blue look great with it! Great review and love the dress with options.
Elemenopeo said... (5/9/07 4:17 PM) Reply
This one is so cute - I love brown on myself so like it even better for that!
BJ1400 said... (5/9/07 3:25 PM) Reply
Another pretty summer dress!
Lynngray said... (5/9/07 2:28 PM) Reply
Great dress and wonderful with your sweters also. Thanks for the review
dbsewer said... (5/9/07 2:16 PM) Reply
I like the way your dress turned out - I like the fabric better than the one on the patern model and it's great with the sweaters. I find with NL I have to lower the bust point because on the pattern it seems to land somewhere around my neck. Did you have to make this adjustment? I'm petite also, five foot nothing, but it's the only pattern company I make this adjustment on. Anyway, great dress and you'll get a lot of use from it, especially with those cute sweaters.

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern