Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8241 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Blooms

About Bloomsstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 5/2/06
Posted on:5/9/07 10:01 PM
Last Updated:5/9/07 10:01 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
bacall said... (12/8/07 11:44 PM) Reply
Hi Blooms, I'm sorry you're disappointed in how this dress turned out. I actually like it on you. Have you tried it with shoes without ankle straps? The ankle straps cut your legs in two and make them seem shorter; if you wear a shoe without an ankle strap it will make your legs seem longer and more like the giantesses on the pattern envelope! =Bo)
inkstain said... (11/28/07 2:42 PM) Reply
Very, very, very helpful. I was just about to buy this pattern using the special price on offer online at Vogue, seduced by the sequinned version shown in the magazine, but I too, am 12 on top, 14 on bottom and why would we want to "blouse" around our slimmest parts? You've saved me money, time and disappointment--and I won't bother trying anymore to find sequinned fabric for the holidays!
AnneM said... (5/16/07 8:00 AM) Reply
I must have been sleepy this morning when I looked at your other review; I was thinking it was 2 versions of the same pattern. It certainly looks like it works in the picture. Not as 'mod' as the 1st dress, but still very wearable. But I know eactly what you mean about gathering around your slimmest part; I feel the same way.
Pinkytoo said... (5/10/07 11:31 AM) Reply
Well you must be a good photographer because I think it looks really nice! Sorry it didn't work out but thanks for the heads up. p.s. I love your shoes. :-)
Hilary said... (5/10/07 8:43 AM) Reply
That's too bad that it didn't work out for you! It really does look pretty on you in the picture, though!
marjenann said... (5/10/07 6:59 AM) Reply
Great review!!!
Zaneta said... (5/10/07 1:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review.. I am sorry it didn't work
Em's Summer said... (5/9/07 11:26 PM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work. Maybe you can save it by putting in some darts? Thanks for this review!

StyleArc Twiggy Dress