Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3389 (top)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:5/11/07 10:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
AnneM said... (5/19/07 9:34 AM) Reply
Excellent fit (at least as long as you don't move - looks perfectin the picture). Hopefully the additional adjustments you came up with will solve those problems.
Nancywin said... (5/12/07 3:38 PM) Reply
After I really analyzed this top, I think I need to make it smaller across the upper back, but make it larger in the bust and waist. I have taken out too much ease. There is more information on my blog Encue Creations
Rhoda K said... (5/12/07 1:26 PM) Reply
A very nice looking top and I, too, would like to know if/how you correct the fitting problem. I can relate on the "tugging" aspect.
suzanrossi said... (5/12/07 12:01 PM) Reply
Looks great, Nancy. Let us know when/if/how you correct the bust pulling problem!
Elaray said... (5/12/07 10:53 AM) Reply
A very cute top! I think you may be right about the "low bust" syndrome. I made a top in which the bust didn't fit just right and it tended to rise up -- very uncomfortable. Maybe adjusting the princess seams so the bust ease is lower might help.
cindy-lou said... (5/12/07 7:53 AM) Reply
Nancy, you and I have a psychic connection, b/c I just bought this pattern yesterday! I think sleeved with dupioni sounds lovely... but as a cami, I envisioned a stretch jaquard or lace (a THICKER one) with lace trim. Okay, this is not my idea... once again, it's Carol Anderson's (see here: http://www.cabionline.com/SPRING07/flash_index.asp and look for jaquard cami). Hers are gorgeous, just not big enough in the bust area :-( . You do such beautiful work, Nancy!
MissCelie said... (5/12/07 5:55 AM) Reply
The color is great on you. But, I understand 'comfort' too.
didda said... (5/12/07 0:29 AM) Reply
your top looks nice, and fits you well. i really like that color. . . . . . i just sewed this pattern this week, i made the view with sleeves and no embellishment . . . . out of silk dupioni. i had no problems fitting it. i sewed the lining before i even cut the silk. it fit great with no adjustments. i plan to wear it to go out dancing tomorrow night. . . . . . . . . i agree that contrasting piping and buttons would look cute on this pattern.

by: rubyinther...

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant