Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 9864 (Pullover blouse)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:5/12/07 0:14 AM
Last Updated:5/12/07 0:14 AM

Debra H said... (5/24/07 10:46 PM) Reply
A good question from Hongkongshopper...It would be a good design option to add buttonholes. Marfy did not mark these for buttonholes and so I guess that they left it up to the sewer to decide. I had no choice as I did not get my buttons in time to work buttonholes before the tabs were attached. Still not crazy about the ones that I ended up with, but I like her suggestion. It would at least look like there were real pockets under the tabs.
hongkongshopper said... (5/23/07 6:43 PM) Reply
Great top. Just a thought....should the buttons down on the tabs be in buttonholes so you can undo them?
AnneM said... (5/20/07 11:38 AM) Reply
Another great review. With your tips, the next person to make this will be able ti side-step the problems (stretch fabric, zipper). Interesting on the interfacing also. I don't very often test out my interfacing on scraps, but this is a reminder that it might be wise to do so. (I did just recently when using a heavier interfacing than usual; I was so proud of myself. ;) ) Rather funny that your husband had to help you take it off; at least you didn't have to cut yourself out of the top!
Debra H said... (5/12/07 3:40 PM) Reply
I had to get my husband to help me get the garment off when I realized that I could not do it myself. It was pretty funny!
Em's Summer said... (5/12/07 11:24 AM) Reply
Sorry it was a disappointment, but it looks lovely!
Nancywin said... (5/12/07 10:44 AM) Reply
Debra - you've done a beautiful job (as always) on this top. It is so disappointing when you have to struggle with a pattern. When it isn't comfortable to wear (or get off and on) it tends to sit in the closet. Hope yours will find a wonderful home.
Linda G said... (5/12/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Like everything you sew...Beautiful. Sounds like it was kind of a nightmare...though...did you have to take the seam out to get it off or was there just a struggle?
carolynw said... (5/12/07 9:33 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful looking top Debra as usual - am so sorry it won't be a favourite but can understand why. As far as ther bubbling in the interfacing - have run into the same problem with the same interfacing - cannot understand why. Eventually liberally sprayed the interfaced fabric with water and then applied a pretty hot iron and that helped a little but am still not 100% satisfied - like yours it was a cotton material so there should have been no problem.
MissCelie said... (5/12/07 9:28 AM) Reply
It *is* quite lovely looking. I'm sorry the pattern was badly designed for you.
cathy45 said... (5/12/07 9:28 AM) Reply
I'm so sorry this didn't work better for you--it's still gorgeous--as always. The colors are so wonderful & I love that bias striping. You always inspire.
blue mooney said... (5/12/07 8:06 AM) Reply
It's a very nice-looking top. Thanks for the heads-up! You may have saved someone else some agony.
OP Gal said... (5/12/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Too bad this pattern was so poorly designed. However, it looks beautiful. I especially like the blue color.
marjenann said... (5/12/07 6:49 AM) Reply
Very good looking top!! Thanks too for the super review!
said... (5/12/07 5:07 AM) Reply
It's too bad you found the pattern lacking, but your tunic is beautiful. Putting a zipper in the side is a good idea if you like your garments fitted (I do this quite often). You have inspired me to dig out my TNT princess top pattern and knock this off. Lovely colors, too.

Burda 7206