Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3867 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:megp47

Posted on:5/13/07 3:06 PM
Last Updated:5/13/07 3:09 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Hilary said... (6/2/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty! I love it in the navy eyelet (its not *too* risque, LOL!).
arianamaniacs said... (3/4/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Great looking dress, I made the top from this pattern. If your white interfacing is showing through, trying using a navy or black marker and coloring them in. That works great for dark colors.
gotpeace91 said... (3/12/08 9:05 PM) Reply
That looks very pretty! If you do want to line it I think a light blue would be pretty. A navy lining would make the eyelet disappear somewhat and a nude color would just make it look like there was no lining at all at first glance. Anyway it looks great on you!
TanyaMT said... (7/13/07 2:17 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful. A slip will fix any modesty issues. I'm really impressed with how nice you got the bodice fit - it is perfect on you!
Sew4Fun said... (6/1/07 8:34 PM) Reply
Nice dress. I'm not sure how I missed your original review but I'm glad I found it now.
AnneM said... (5/21/07 12:17 PM) Reply
Well, a slip will solve the modesty issue, or perhaps you can add some lining. Pretty dress. I reuined a top by using interfacing that is too heavy once. When in doubt use sew-in interfacing instead of fusible; that's available in any color you want (just buy some batiste or china silk or even use the same fabric).
SillyValley said... (5/17/07 4:56 PM) Reply
thanks for the tips on eyelet! I just bought some white eyelet with navy embroidery from joann and was thinking DRESS! now I know what to be prepared for
MelissaB in WA said... (5/15/07 9:32 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress!!!! You look fantastic and should be very proud! :-)
KrystalL said... (5/15/07 8:45 AM) Reply
Absolutely darling! This dress is so pretty in blue eyelet. Great job!
belleepoque said... (5/14/07 4:27 PM) Reply
this looks fantastic on you! i love it in the navy eyelet, so fresh and chic.
sew_swell said... (5/14/07 11:31 AM) Reply
I love your dress. It's very classy. The top in this pattern was on the cover of Sew Stylish a couple of months ago. They sewed the pleats down a few inches to minimize bulk. You might try it on a muslin to see how far down you would need to sew the pleats.
crisford said... (5/14/07 11:28 AM) Reply
This is so adorable and elegant!
Marji said... (5/14/07 8:52 AM) Reply
V cute dress on. I don't think it adds as much "bulk" as you might think. BTW, it's not too late to line the skirt portion of that dress, if you become uncomfortable wearing it.
Bonnie O said... (5/14/07 8:10 AM) Reply
Love the eyelet choice. Turned out great!
LorelleD said... (5/14/07 3:00 AM) Reply
Love your dress. Love your choice of fabric. Your dress looks lovely on.
Sharon M said... (5/13/07 9:37 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I like the navy eyelet - just a bit unexpected.
MissCelie said... (5/13/07 9:34 PM) Reply
Wow. This looks like something from a store. Great work.
BJ1400 said... (5/13/07 7:15 PM) Reply
Your dress is very pretty & looks great on you. I love the navy blue eyelet too.
Christina Sonja said... (5/13/07 7:07 PM) Reply
This is so pretty! I love it. For interfacing eyelet, you can use a fabric in the same color and baste it to your fabric like it's a sew-in rather than a fusible interfacing. Navy organza would worked in this case, I think.
cindy-lou said... (5/13/07 6:12 PM) Reply
This dress looks beautiful! The eyelet is gorgeous. You can go get some navy lightweight cotton (batiste or something) and make yourself a slip pretty easily with a simple elastic-waist skirt pattern...
Erica B. said... (5/13/07 5:21 PM) Reply
Love the dress and it looks beautiful on. I have this pattern too... I'm planning to make the top.
JBsewmonster said... (5/13/07 4:00 PM) Reply
Love your dress! I have this pattern and look forward to making it. I will chose my fabric carefully after reading your review. Thank you!
SexiSadi said... (5/13/07 3:30 PM) Reply
Nice dress! I love eyelet fabric, but for some reason i'm scared of it. I don't know why -- afraid of showing something off to the public that I really don't want seen, I guess. lol

Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern