Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> WSJ Maharajah Jacket (WSJ Maharajah Jacket)

Reviewed by:Madeleine

Last Updated:5/19/07 3:46 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Linda63 said... (4/9/15 7:24 PM) Reply
Oriental style, very chic !
luv2sew4fun said... (12/4/07 10:35 AM) Reply
Looks wonderful! Guess I will try it!
Mufffet said... (10/3/07 4:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful!!!
SewTwin said... (6/15/07 10:21 PM) Reply
WOW! I try to only comment on the really great reviews since I am so far behind on reading reviews; and this one was worth it! Designers need to take a cue from you..
AnneM said... (5/31/07 5:41 PM) Reply
Nice job with this. It looks very nice in your (difficult) fabric. Sounds like a great pattern line for you.
merry-one said... (5/22/07 12:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! As a curvy girl who has started to use HP's (i've made the pencil skirt -- will review it when I get a picture) it's good to see reviews from a curvy-girl. Lovely.
Sewing Chick said... (5/20/07 4:05 PM) Reply
That is gorgeous. It gives me some ideas about a silk dupioni that's been sitting in my stash for 3 or 4 years.
Debster said... (5/20/07 1:34 PM) Reply
lovely choice of fabric for this jacket...you may not want to check this one at the door...you could lose it! Debster
Danvillegirl said... (5/20/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Glad you had success with this pattern. Very pretty fabric.
Nancy K said... (5/20/07 9:10 AM) Reply
This is gorgeoous! And I am happy to see someone larger review this pattern. May I ask what cup size you are? I am not a plus size but at the upper size of regular. but I am a DD cup and that always makes lots of work.
jewelea said... (5/19/07 11:55 PM) Reply
A nicely written review, and a terrific jacket. I had not really noted this pattern, and now I'm putting it on my wish list.
JeanetteE said... (5/19/07 7:28 PM) Reply
Wow! What a stunning jacket. Great job.
Modiste Madness said... (5/19/07 6:13 PM) Reply
I have had my eye on this pattern since the first release, but I wasn't sure how it would look on my "luxury sized frame" (I love that term!) Your jacket is beautiful. Great construction! Thanks for the review.
Olivia Sews said... (5/19/07 4:06 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review of Hot patterns for plus sized! Beautiful fabric and a really different design! I will add my vote to see a picture of it on you!
beangirl said... (5/19/07 3:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I've never worn mine (which is a plus size) because in the end I made it too small... waaah! Yours is so pretty, I think I might have to revisit this pattern (although I did have to do a lot of alterations, so not as lucky as you in that sense). I hope you keep doing more HP reviews, yours are really inspiring!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/19/07 2:39 PM) Reply
Stunning, almost looks like dupioni? Super success with HP !
bunz said... (5/19/07 2:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Glad you're having such success w HP!
SandraB said... (5/19/07 1:26 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty jacket.
Seaspur said... (5/19/07 10:38 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket! I'm assuming that you didn't have the problem with the too small sleeves that I had.
PsychedOnSewing said... (5/19/07 9:47 AM) Reply
Madeleine, You did such a wonderful job on this jacket - i want it! I love your fabric choice, would have loved to see it on you. It's nice to hear HotPatterns fit you so well. I have a couple of them i haven't made yet but this encourages me to hop right to it.
Luckylibbet said... (5/19/07 8:55 AM) Reply
Great jacket. I love the lines on this. And the fabric is delicious.
blue mooney said... (5/19/07 7:35 AM) Reply
I can see why you wear this jacket so much. It's very, very nice.
Rebecca D said... (5/19/07 7:17 AM) Reply
I have loved looking at this pattern since HP started up and really appreciate your review. I may have to add to the pattern stash. The jacket looks great, would love to see a picture on you, if that's possible.
fuzzygalore said... (5/19/07 6:26 AM) Reply
Very interesting... the smaller sizes of HP seem to induce fits of total re-drafting in almost everyone. So I'm intrigued to see that the larger sizes seem so good, not even needing an FBA. OK, I'm going to have to try :-). Thanks!

by: House of P...