Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7833

Posted on:5/19/07 4:36 AM
Last Updated:5/19/07 4:42 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
moushka said... (4/20/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Absolutely one of the most stunning jackets I've ever seen! The Ultrasuede was a touch of genius. You look like you have a $1200 coat there, for sure! I hope you've enjoyed it this past winter. Brrrrrr, if W.V. was a snowbound as north-east, you'd have plenty of occasions to wear it :-) I'm off to look for this pattern on ebay. You made a fabulous jacket. Thanks for the round back explanation, too. What a clever solution! An A++ review. Sue
Obrooks770 said... (1/22/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Very beautiful jacket. I love the fabric. The fabric & pattern were perfect for each other. What an inspiration! Yes, I do hear my fabric speak to me too, mine is mostly saying come and make me into something beautiful. I do know what you mean though and it turns out best when we learn to listen to it.
Athene said... (12/9/07 3:17 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful. Thank you for the very thorough review. I was just browsing the site and came across the review. I have lots of faux fur and this pattern so I think this is the pattern I will try.
AnneM said... (5/31/07 5:39 PM) Reply
Neat jacket. Nice combination of fabric & style.
annsew65 said... (5/20/07 1:38 PM) Reply
Debster, I've had to make the rounded back adjustment for quite a while now and I've gotten several books on making the adjustment. I had to come up with something a little unique due to the type of fabric and the way it was made. I had talked to Louise Cutting at the Atlanta Expo and she seemed to think it just might work. I need to email her with a link to the pictures! Thanks, Louise!
Debster said... (5/20/07 1:13 PM) Reply
thanks for the ideas for rounded back adjustments...love your collar embellishments..very chic jacket! Deb
cmarie12 said... (5/20/07 10:12 AM) Reply
What an amazing jacket! Love the details and even though you won't get much wear out of it now, you will be styling come Fall!
CarolynGM said... (5/19/07 5:54 PM) Reply
Super nice jacket and beautifully constructed to make the most of the fabric.
ALY said... (5/19/07 4:17 PM) Reply
The jacket is beautiful. I especially like how you used contrast fabric for the band and collar.
bunz said... (5/19/07 2:03 PM) Reply
very, very chic!
Em's Summer said... (5/19/07 12:23 PM) Reply
What a head-turner of a jacket! It's classic Hollywood! Great job and great review!
Enid E said... (5/19/07 10:51 AM) Reply
Ann, What a nice job you did with the chevrons and the topstitching. You will surely get many compliments on the style and workmanship. Great job!
carolynw said... (5/19/07 9:14 AM) Reply
I really like this - I have used this pattern but am not sure why it just did not work for me. A friend recently bought a piece of fake fur and asked me to make a jacket - wasn't sure what pattern to use but will keep this one in mind - it worked so well for you!
fuzzygalore said... (5/19/07 6:21 AM) Reply
Wow! This is positively stunning... Congratulations.

Sewing Workshop Icon Shirt