Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6705 (Blouses with Yoke Variations)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:5/19/07 5:26 AM
Last Updated:5/19/07 5:23 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Coat/Jacket    Formalwear    Suits / Separates

AnneM said... (5/31/07 5:38 PM) Reply
Cute fabric. The neckline is cute. I agree that some other styles work better for you, though without the belt it would be ideal in hot weather.
Helen near Sydney said... (5/22/07 4:39 AM) Reply
Heathersmom, I think this style suits you beautifully and you have chosen a lovely cool fabric to sew it. I definitely think you should make it again - play with the length a bit.
nicegirl said... (5/21/07 4:31 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the little popsicle eater in the background of the shot.
AlexaNJ said... (5/21/07 9:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for a review of this pattern and bringing it to my attention! I'd love to make this shirt!! Great fabric!
Danvillegirl said... (5/20/07 10:08 AM) Reply
Cute top!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/20/07 0:24 AM) Reply
It looks really cute with the belt! Isn't it always so nice how the envelope pictures don't really depict the actual garment? I can't believe how long it was too - almost a dress for sure. Looks like you made a good save tho! :-)
cleandirty said... (5/19/07 3:17 PM) Reply
I think this turned out well, and is flattering on you. If you have any hem allowance to speak of, I might try turning some of it down. I think a few inches on the bottom of this top would improve the proportions, since you plan to wear it with the waist tie. :)
Em's Summer said... (5/19/07 12:16 PM) Reply
That is such a cute top and I really love the Betty Boop print you chose! I think it looks good on you even if you might feel more comfortable in a halter type style. Great review!
fuzzygalore said... (5/19/07 6:17 AM) Reply
Well... cotton will balloon, given half a chance :-). Maybe in silk crepe? I like the looks of it though, you might want to try wearing it for a bit. And of course I'm always envious of your fabrics :-).

Ottobre Design Magazine 03-2014-07