Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 00000 out of print

Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:5/19/07 10:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
AnneM said... (5/31/07 4:48 PM) Reply
Stunning with the gold; I'm certain equally stunning w/ the black. I think it's more classic looking with the plain sleeves, and would look trendier / flashier with the gold cuffs (I'm imagining those fold back cuffs - French Cuffs, I guess.) My vote (and it looks like I'm in agreement w/ most other comments) is keep it the way it is.
MarieT said... (5/23/07 10:12 PM) Reply
The jacket is lovely. My inclination would be to go with the black cuffs for versatility.... or you could go with detachable cuffs and make a set of each... no decision required.
Helen near Sydney said... (5/22/07 5:07 AM) Reply
Clin, I'm glad you got good use out of this pattern, it's a beautiful jacket. Have you thought about making detachable cuffs? These have a row of buttons on the inside sleeve hem and buttonholes on a band cut onto the cuffs - you button the cuffs on the inside then fold the cuffs up and over to the outside of the sleeve.
Karine said... (5/21/07 10:59 AM) Reply
What a lovely jacket and skirt. The embroidered wool is gorgeous.
Annette1 said... (5/20/07 6:00 PM) Reply
Oh, MY! This is just beautiful. I love it just the way it is (without the gold cuffs). I so admire your talent.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/20/07 5:41 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning jacket!! Thanks for another wonderful review.
Enid E said... (5/20/07 3:41 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning! Love the contrast collar. Your sewing is always so stylish!
Carolyndh said... (5/20/07 12:54 PM) Reply
A stunning designer suit with really striking fabric and colors! Wow, I imagine you feel wonderful wearing this suit.
KarmenG said... (5/20/07 11:33 AM) Reply
Loveky jacket - wonderful workmanship. I agree with the others. As it stands now the eye goes up to the collar and will go to your face. I think you've got it right as it is.
carolynw said... (5/20/07 9:01 AM) Reply
Thanks all - I am glad to get all your opinions and will leave the cuffs off - that side of me that said "too much" was right!!
snowflake girl said... (5/20/07 8:22 AM) Reply
Very very nice. I agree that without the gold cuffs you could go farther with it.
Lori V said... (5/20/07 7:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
annsew65 said... (5/20/07 4:42 AM) Reply
Wow, what gorgeous fabric and your pattern is perfect for it! I like it without the gold on the cuffs, I think. This way I think it would work well with either skirt you decide to make. Your sewing is wonderful!
babydoll said... (5/20/07 4:21 AM) Reply
don't add gold cuffs the jacket looks good as it is.
CASJ said... (5/20/07 0:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, gold cuffs would be too much. It is perfect right now.
Aixoise said... (5/20/07 0:19 AM) Reply
Less is more. It's perfect as it is--understated and elegant. I agree that it would be more versatile w/o the contrast cuffs. Lovely jacket!
jewelea said... (5/19/07 11:31 PM) Reply
A jacket to be proud of. The contrast collar looks especially nice.
Nancywin said... (5/19/07 11:23 PM) Reply
beautiful fabric - very cool coat. I think the gold cuffs would look lovely - but it depends on your figure. I'm hippy, so wouldn't want extra emphasis there.
2BSewing said... (5/19/07 9:28 PM) Reply
Wow...stunning jacket!
Kay Y said... (5/19/07 8:36 PM) Reply
The jacket as is looks lovely. While the gold contrast cuffs would probably look fine, I think they might be too much, since you already have gold running through the fabric. Very nice jacket!
JanineM said... (5/19/07 8:15 PM) Reply
beautiful, I agree with Irina , I think it is perfect as is.
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (5/19/07 8:11 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS! Great work.
CarolynGM said... (5/19/07 7:56 PM) Reply
Fabulous looking jacket. The redrafted collar is perfect. The fabric and contrast are stunning. I pondered your question about adding contrast cuffs, and I, personally, think the jacket should stay the way it is. The gold collar adds plenty of interest; more gold might make it less versatile.

StyleArc Monica Pant