Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6107

Member since: 9/9/02
Posted on:1/25/03 6:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Teri said... (1/26/03 2:04 PM) Reply
What a cute top. Thanks for the review. I think I will have to add this to my pattern order at The Sewing Place.
said... (1/26/03 6:37 AM) Reply
Charlotte, your top is very nice. I like the colors, too.
Lori V said... (1/26/03 2:38 AM) Reply
Charlotte, love your top and thanks for the hint on the sizing. I have added this pattern to my "want" list.
Everyday Sewist said... (1/25/03 11:42 PM) Reply
What a nice top. Great use of the colors too.
CharlotteĜA said... (1/25/03 8:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Things: I think so, but they do suggest to make it out of fleece, and my fleece stretches the required amount. But if I were to make it out of very stretchy fabric, I think I would go down a size. It would be a different look then.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/25/03 8:41 PM) Reply
Charlotte, the top looks great! I love the colors and the pocket. It looks from your pattern photo that they made it in a double knit. Do you think the sizing would be more standard in a stretchier knit? -Ann
Rachel Heaford said... (1/25/03 8:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for warning us about the sizing. I have got so used to making at least one and often two sizes smaller than the measurements suggest. I guess this top has less ease, thanks for the heads up.
KathleenS said... (1/25/03 8:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Charlotte. I've been thinking of making this. It's very useful to know about the sizing because most patterns I use tend to be too *big* if you cut by your measurements - so I might have made a mistake with this without your warning.

Understanding Interfacings