Pattern Reviews> Patrones Magazine> April 2006 #29 (Blusa Alba Conde)

Reviewed by:twistedangel

About twistedangelstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 7/18/05
Posted on:5/23/07 2:11 PM
Last Updated:5/24/07 2:28 PM

lisaquilts said... (6/23/07 9:15 AM) Reply
A great shirt! I'm going to try to find this magazine!
Marji said... (5/25/07 8:23 AM) Reply
Really interesting way this wraps around. Love your color choice and your design aesthetic.
ldpaulson said... (5/24/07 5:13 PM) Reply
Thanks! The website finally loaded late today. Technology. Hmpf! Who know what the issue was?!? And thanks for being so helpful. Apologies for being a PITA.
twistedangel said... (5/24/07 2:19 PM) Reply
hi again ldpaulson, you can try this then ... 1) go to 2) type "mrs. stylebook" in the search box :-)
cathy45 said... (5/24/07 12:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. Love those colors. It's good to see you posting again. I look forward to more reviews from you.
ldpaulson said... (5/24/07 11:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the info, but my efforts with accessing that link to Mrs. Stylebook have been spectacularly unsucessful, which is why I asked. I guess I could have a buddy in Madrid get Patrones for me now that I think about it ... thanks for the inspiration!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/24/07 9:59 AM) Reply
STUNNING. Love the colours, fabric and style.
Tany said... (5/24/07 4:09 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Thank you for this very helpful review, TwistedAngel!
Mufffet said... (5/23/07 8:10 PM) Reply
AWESOME! I love this. The fabrics are colorful and beautiful and seem like something seen on a sophisticated lady in a Paris salon.....:)
Sew4Fun said... (5/23/07 7:51 PM) Reply
Interesting and unique top, in a good way. :) Love it!
mad4sewing said... (5/23/07 6:36 PM) Reply
The fabric is WONDERFUL! Good looking faux wrap top.
twistedangel said... (5/23/07 6:27 PM) Reply
ldpaulson, to answer your question ... I get my Patrones either 1) across the border in Mexico - they are usually about 6 months behind or 2) from stoff-art on ebay. I have a subscription for Mrs. Stylebook, but you can buy issue by issue from Sasuga Books (online). You can search, or there is a direct link on my blog for how to get it. HTH!! Krystin
hongkongshopper said... (5/23/07 6:20 PM) Reply
Very nice!
Zaneta said... (5/23/07 6:04 PM) Reply
Very Nice!!!
ldpaulson said... (5/23/07 5:57 PM) Reply
Ack! I love this top! I'd love to come plunder Twisted Angel Studios for patterns! (Sorry, we had a pirate-themed event at work. Arrrrgh.) Thanks for the thoughtful and helpful review. I hope others will be able to take full advantage of your advice. Where *do* you find Patrones and Mrs. Stylebook? Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Muchismas gracias y domo arrigato, ldp
nicegirl said... (5/23/07 4:39 PM) Reply
LOVE the colors. I also like the design detail of having the tie on the opposite side from the cross-over.
twistedangel said... (5/23/07 4:38 PM) Reply
My friend changed her mind because we would have to fit the muslin, etc. She is slightly larger than the 44, so it would have required a redraft (almost) ... so I made this one (a muslin) for me. Low and behold, I'm too small for the 40!! ARGH!!
Pinkytoo said... (5/23/07 4:17 PM) Reply
So is the top still for your friend? Because if she doesn't want it....I LOVE those colors and the style and, well, everything!
Levone said... (5/23/07 4:16 PM) Reply
Pretty top.....very helpful review as well.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/23/07 4:00 PM) Reply
Your top is gorgeous! I am so glad to see you posting reviews again here - I've missed you.
Seaspur said... (5/23/07 3:31 PM) Reply
SansSouci572 said... (5/23/07 2:28 PM) Reply
Very Bold and Dynamic! Like you! Thoughtful tips too, thank you!

by: Cosso