Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8326 (Costume/skirt suit)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:5/30/07 9:05 PM
Last Updated:6/5/07 4:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear

The Smuggler's Daughter

Online Fabric Store

Victoria Jones Collection

Timeless Hawaiian styles

DeBe said... (6/9/07 6:44 PM) Reply
I THINK U DID VERY WELL. CONGRATULATIONS AND CONTINE THE GOOD WORKS.
AnneM said... (6/7/07 11:56 AM) Reply
Distinctive, dramatic, lovely jacket. Cute little story on the button lady. I might have to check out that book!
Cecile Owens said... (6/5/07 4:58 PM) Reply
Fabulous Review. Thanks for all the information-all of it was top-notch.
RuthieSews said... (6/5/07 4:46 PM) Reply
I've seen some higher end RTW here in the UK with the carefully mismatched buttons. One of each of 4 on the front of a jacket and then the same buttons only smaller on the jacket cuffs. Very cool.
Birgitte said... (6/5/07 3:16 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your comments. Marji, thanks for suggesting writing a review of Kathleen's book, I will do that. It's an invaluable treasure to anyone interested in sewing and design. Karine, you can go to Kathleen's website; fashion-incubator.com. She has a search feature, so it's easy to to look up specific topics and tutorials. motomoda and Jane S, I highly recommend you try it, it's not difficult, just fun. Ending up with something looking RTW is not a bad thing when it fits you perfectly! And Helen (near Sydney), I'm with you! I'm a jeans'n T-shirt type of girl, but it'll be there if I need it ;-) Happy sewing everyone!
Helen near Sydney said... (6/3/07 5:57 AM) Reply
Fantastic looking jacket, I've added it to my Wishlist although I'm not sure I go anywhere smart enough to wear it. Hmmm, maybe I need to get out more .....?!
Karine said... (6/1/07 3:29 PM) Reply
Your jacket is stunning. I'm fascinated by the design changes you made and would love to know more about the Kathleen Fasanella book.
Jane S said... (5/31/07 6:28 PM) Reply
Wow, fabulous jacket and such a great review. I was always curious about kathleen's discussions about sleeve ease so thank you so much for doing the experiement for me:-)
Marji said... (5/31/07 5:34 AM) Reply
Very interesting. You might consider writing a review in the book section on her book, as this info will quickly get buried in the reviews of other patterns. As far as the collar goes, that has real drama and is v close to what we saw this season on some of the European sites for formal RTW. Very nice.
motomoda said... (5/31/07 0:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for such an informative review. The jacket is beautiful. One day I might be able to test out your research myself :)

Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat