Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 1251 (Blouse)

Reviewed by:Liana

About Lianastarstarstarstar
NE USA
Member since: 8/31/03
Posted on:5/30/07 10:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Nancywin said... (7/4/07 11:08 PM) Reply
both blouses are beautiful. I always enjoy your reviews.
SewTwin said... (6/22/07 1:07 AM) Reply
WOW! Your pictures look like Vogue Fashion pages. Sigh,..Dreammm...Maybe when I am 150 I will have the patience, instead I will try to do the "Easy" things better than before..But you do inspire!!
MareeAlison said... (6/18/07 1:14 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse and great review.
Debra H said... (5/31/07 10:43 PM) Reply
I am always excited when someone else tries a Marfy. I really loved this pattern and good to get your information. Great job!
twistedangel said... (5/31/07 2:41 PM) Reply
Liana, that is beautiful!! (as always)
Enid E said... (5/31/07 11:01 AM) Reply
Very pretty and you wear it so well!
carolynw said... (5/31/07 9:05 AM) Reply
Looks so nice on you!! Great job!
cindyann said... (5/31/07 8:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful work as always Liana. Gorgeous fabric. I really must try a Marfy pattern. That cuff treatment is very interesting. Thanks for the detailed pic of it.
maggy said... (5/31/07 8:31 AM) Reply
I loved the clothes she made with Marfy patterns. I love Marfy patterns with their great style and different lines. Thanks for sharing!
Danvillegirl said... (5/31/07 7:25 AM) Reply
What a beautiful blouse! As always helpful review and you continue to be the Queen of Marfy patterns.
KaraKai said... (5/31/07 7:21 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Beautiful!!!!! Absolutely beautiful!
utz said... (5/31/07 6:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful work and stunning blouse. I'm inspired by your work - thanks for another informative review!
CarolynGM said... (5/31/07 6:44 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the great photos and descriptions of techniques to tame a challenging fabric. Your top is so elegant and feminine.
Sew4Fun said... (5/31/07 2:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse!! It makes me want to run out and buy this pattern.
Donna H said... (5/31/07 0:26 AM) Reply
This one is stunning...beautiful work, as usual!
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (5/31/07 0:16 AM) Reply
Stunning-gorgeous-stupendeous-wow-wow-wow
Liana said... (5/30/07 11:52 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! ReBecca, There is no collar stand, and I don't see that they show one in the drawing. They do show the collar standing up very nicely. You can do an extra piece of interfacing where the stand would be, and that will give you a sort of "roll line" to make your collar stand up a bit more than it might. I can't wait to see your version, and SarahWeb's too!
Re Becca said... (5/30/07 11:23 PM) Reply
You are so timely, I have this "in que" on the cutting table. I have a blue and white silk broadcloth that I am going to use. You did a beautiful job, esp. on the hems and cuffs. That fabric is lovely, and perfect for the style! You have another knockout here! I have a question, is there a collar band? The pattern illustration shows one, but they have been wrong before.
Vonnevo said... (5/30/07 11:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful Liana. Your garments are always beautiful and inspirational.
Lori V said... (5/30/07 11:00 PM) Reply
Liana, your blouse is gorgeous. Wonderful job.
MissCelie said... (5/30/07 10:58 PM) Reply
Liana, I am again taken aback by how drop dead beautiful your work is. Wow.
SarahWeb said... (5/30/07 10:48 PM) Reply
Liana, I love to see your Marfy creations. I have this pattern too, and I am now extra excited to make it. Beautiful job you did!
Linda G said... (5/30/07 10:21 PM) Reply
Like all of the things that you sew you have another beautiful garment. I really appreciate the Marfy reviews...I have not been brave enough to figure them out yet.
lmg said... (5/30/07 10:16 PM) Reply
Liana, that is drop dead gorgeous and a fabulous fit. I love your solution to the cuff problem. I have seen this on an Escada blouse. I agree, Marfy sleeves are narrow and short

Understanding Wool Fabrics