Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3032 (Skirt with Flounce)

Reviewed by:Lou.

About Lou.starstarstarstar
NJ USA
Posted on:1/29/03 1:22 PM
Last Updated:1/29/03 3:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Formalwear    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Katharine in BXL said... (1/17/05 1:05 PM) Reply
Lou, the reck neck treatment is so striking. Gorgeous! It looks like you made a closed rectangle and sewed it on the neckline, leaving room to attach it. I gotta try this. It would make such a cool outfit!
http mom said... (2/2/03 7:25 PM) Reply
Oh thank you for reviewing this pattern. Now that I have seen it so much...I do believe I will try to out myself. It looks just great and so easy. Thanks!
Lou. said... (1/31/03 12:04 PM) Reply
Lisa, you might want to try memorylaneca.com for KS patterns, as well.
Lisa B said... (1/31/03 12:01 PM) Reply
This looks great. Your choice of fabric and the fit look perfect. Patternshowcase has Kwik Sews on sale right now and I was looking at this one, so am very happy to see it turned out so beautifully. Thanks for your great review!
Lou. said... (1/30/03 4:01 PM) Reply
I think, and I would have to have a second opinion here, but I think a flounce with heals would make you look taller, and flat shoes shorter....that's how I felt wearing it anyway! I think it helps to have the top and skirt all one colour.
Dale C said... (1/30/03 3:26 PM) Reply
Very feminine Laura! I like that flounce on the bottom, it really updates the straight skirt look. Would that flouced look be okay for petites? I avoid gathers and ruffles because it makes me look like a puffy little girl. Flounces look a little more graceful...
Lou. said... (1/30/03 10:37 AM) Reply
No i didn't raise the neckline Deepika.
Lori V said... (1/30/03 1:51 AM) Reply
they all look great - lvoe the daisy trim
alex said... (1/29/03 10:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing both views! I must try this one!
Margaret said... (1/29/03 9:29 PM) Reply
All of these tops/skirts look great. I love the daisies on the last skirt! The flounce reminds me of flower petals somehow so it I think it goes really well with the daisies.
Deepika said... (1/29/03 5:22 PM) Reply
This is such a winner! Lou I am glad you like this pattern! your outfit looks lovely especially with the boots. Did you raise the neckline?
Ann Smith said... (1/29/03 2:28 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you. I love this pattern.

by: Victoria B