Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 115 (Inset Jacket)

Reviewed by:carolynw

About carolynwstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/05
Posted on:6/5/07 4:52 PM
Last Updated:6/5/07 4:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Frozzy said... (6/7/07 11:17 AM) Reply
This looks like it came out of an expensive RTW catalog - great paired with pretty top underneath. Beautiful!
AnneM said... (6/7/07 11:06 AM) Reply
I've not particularly liked that style, but I guess I was wrong. It looks very nice. Great job.
jhansby said... (6/7/07 7:38 AM) Reply
I love your jacket! Looking at the pattern I wouldn't have expected your result, but the fabric choice is great and it looks absolutely lovely!! Nice job!!
Cheryl Reeves said... (6/6/07 6:45 PM) Reply
This is very lovely and feminine. It looks great on you.
carolynw said... (6/6/07 2:27 PM) Reply
Hildy this is the muslin - the fabric I picked up for next to nothing and decided to use for a test run on this pattern - it worked out well enough so it is a "wearable muslin" Annette I will bet anything you cut yours in L or XL making it way too big for you and resulting in the shapeless thing you say you got. Am not kidding this is loose - I can overlap the CF by at least 4" before it even starts to touch my waist - I think I could cut a S and get away with it. Hope you can find your pattern and try again.
chrisquilts_2 said... (6/6/07 10:03 AM) Reply
this looks great on you. very very nice. I see what you mean though, it definitely lets the fabric choice shine. For the fall, you would definitely want to increase the fabric wt.
moss said... (6/6/07 9:20 AM) Reply
wow! that looks really fantastic! Front and back are both very flattering!
xela said... (6/6/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Very smart looking-cool and flowy. Just what I'm looking for for summer. Thanks for a great review.
2BSewing said... (6/6/07 8:47 AM) Reply
Wow...beautiful! Your muslin turned out great. Love the fabric. :)
Karen8320 said... (6/6/07 6:37 AM) Reply
Clin, this really is lovely. I think the fabric you've chosen gives the garment a floaty, feminine look that will be perfect for summer. You have nothing to worry about with your back view - there is nothing ample there at all! Your review is very helpful and has certainly given me some inspiration. Yes, I also think this pattern has possibilities for being creative and I can't wait to see what else you do with it!
Danvillegirl said... (6/6/07 5:58 AM) Reply
My first reaction to the pattern was "bleh". But seeing your jacket made up in it as opened my mind to rethink this as a potentially nice pattern. Perhaps it is the fabric but this is very nice. Lovely fabric, so summery looking. Looks good on you.
Helen near Sydney said... (6/6/07 3:01 AM) Reply
I love what you've done with this pattern, clin; it looks great - front AND back!
sewbehind said... (6/5/07 10:44 PM) Reply
That is so pretty on you. A keeper for sure.
Sew4Fun said... (6/5/07 9:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful top! I think your fabric really makes it.
nicegirl said... (6/5/07 9:29 PM) Reply
I love your jazz hands in the back pic. `-) I think this style is really nice on you.
jlongo said... (6/5/07 8:22 PM) Reply
I have been eyeing this pattern...looks great on you, nicely sewn and so glad you put a shot of the back up...it makes the jacket...PS your backside isn't ample!
Englebert said... (6/5/07 8:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
hildy said... (6/5/07 7:03 PM) Reply
I think you guys read her comment in correctly. I believe she said that she made this out of polyester and also bought inexpensive muslin. The muslin probably was for the test run. Am I right Clin?
CarolynGM said... (6/5/07 6:35 PM) Reply
I would have never guessed that this is a muslin. It looks great. Wear it! Can't wait to see the next one.
narcissaqtpie said... (6/5/07 6:26 PM) Reply
This is really pretty. I cant believe it's a muslin, I love the fabric.
Judy Wentz said... (6/5/07 5:41 PM) Reply
This is so beautiful.
Annette1 said... (6/5/07 5:32 PM) Reply
Oh, boy, you have a new career: fashion model! This top looks REALLY nice on you, and it REALLY ticks me off, because I made this for myself and ended up throwing it out (I think). :o) I made mine out of a black horizontal ribbed (very small ribs) silk and tied it with a black/white polka dot ribbon. Mine just looked awful on me ... droopy, shapeless ... but yours (even your muslin) is a definite keeper. Maybe I'll try again -- ha! -- in a smaller size. :o) Thanks for the inspiring review!
Mufffet said... (6/5/07 5:05 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric. This is a muslin?! It looks very very nice on you. Definitely wearable.
edube said... (6/5/07 4:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful..and inspiring. I've got to get going on my own now!

Sew Liberated Mei Tai Baby Carrier