Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2007-112B (Trousers)

Reviewed by:Miss Adrienne

About Miss Adrienne
Member since: 10/9/05

Posted on:6/5/07 8:18 PM
Last Updated:6/24/07 4:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Annette1 said... (7/31/07 2:27 AM) Reply
Well, I think these look really nice on you. You did a great job with your alterations.
morzel said... (7/11/07 3:20 AM) Reply
Your reviews are perfect for me! I am also (Burda)size 36 at waist and 42 at hip, so to see something made up in my size (adjusted to my size) is great! Pants are soo difficult for us, I decided to take a pattern drafting course and the results are rather good.
So So said... (6/26/07 7:15 AM) Reply
Yes I agree these pants do look good on you. i made up this pattern too. Liked it but wanted it to be even better.I felt they were a wee bit generous at the hip. I have been trying Leena's pattern draft, And I wonder if I used her tip - shorter on the inside back leg seam, would totally eliminate the back wrinkles? Why don't you try the pattern again in a muslin, and as you say lower the waist to your own comfortable depth/length. You might be nearer than you think to your ideal pant! P.S. yours look so much better on than mine. THanks for the review.
Levone said... (6/25/07 2:44 PM) Reply
I think these pants look great on you. I've been looking at these as well.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/22/07 10:45 PM) Reply
I think your pants look good - I plan to sew this pattern soon and hope they work out for me.
Patzee said... (6/6/07 2:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Since I'm going to give this pattern a try, it is very helpful.
Hilary said... (6/6/07 11:32 AM) Reply
They look good! I have the same figure type(much different size, but similar extra curvy rear/hips) and I find Kwik Sew to fit surprisingly well. I add to the crotch length in the back but they consistently look better(less under butt excess! lol) than other companies. just a thought!
JenSews2 said... (6/5/07 10:01 PM) Reply
Nice pants!
tomed said... (6/5/07 9:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. These look like they fit you well although only your front photo is accessible. I am also on a quest for the perfect pants and I'm determined to find them in my Burda WOFs.

Lutterloh OOP Lutterloh Supp179 #50