Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2100 (Misses' Panties)

Reviewed by:PrairieTides

About PrairieTidesstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 1/25/03
Posted on:1/31/03 8:08 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Sweater knit fabrics

Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/20/03 10:28 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review and input re the sizing. And using t-shirt knit. I tried this pattern the other day and went down a size and reduced the crotch width by 1". How bizarre of Kwik Sew to have such a wide one?! The leg openings are low and I trimmed them the first time round. Next time, I'll trim off even more in the front. I also made the hipster and it almost came up as high as a brief. Makes you wonder how high the brief would go - you could probably attach it to your bra for an all-in-one! :)
Skymom said... (3/9/03 6:29 PM) Reply
I've used this pattern also, and wasn't thrilled with the sizing or fit, although the resulting garment was wearable. Another KS pattern I've tried and really liked is 2467. This is a brief-style panty (i.e. up to the waist), with high-cut or regular leg, and a CB seam rather than side seams. I use a size smaller than what my measurements would indicate and the fit is fine. If you prefer a bikini style, you could probably cut these down a couple inches successfully.
Diane E said... (2/1/03 2:23 PM) Reply
Hi, I've been thinking of making my own undies and I'm glad to know about this pattern. I'll avoid it! I create enough wadders on my own as it is!
Elona said... (2/1/03 4:21 AM) Reply
Interesting. This wide crotch thing was something I ran into when making Kwik Sew jockey-type briefs for men.
starlene said... (1/31/03 9:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up, I was considering this pattern.

by: Jstarr4250