Mood Fabrics

Posted on:6/6/07 9:21 PM
Last Updated:6/6/07 9:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
MissMercurial said... (10/19/09 2:33 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I saw the picture in your photostream when I was checking out your Vogue 8280, and I rushed to see the pattern on the Simplicity website. I wondered why yours looked so much prettier and more flattering; now I know! What an inspired idea to sew the pleats down. I normally wouldn't have given this pattern a second glance because empire-waisted things make me look pregnant, but now I want to get it and make a gorgeous-figre-flattering dress like yours.
aquafern said... (2/19/09 11:39 AM) Reply
Love her alterations. I wish I could make my stuff look that good on me!! I am going to give this one a try. I'm a shorty as well.
Meggie LuLu said... (2/18/08 10:10 AM) Reply
WOW!!! That is gorgeous!!! It looks sooooo nice and flattering.
SewSewHappy said... (9/26/07 5:06 PM) Reply
Great dress - you did a beautiful job. Fits you perfect!
ann-c said... (6/14/07 2:35 PM) Reply
Wow! Looks professional and looks very nice on you.
So So said... (6/10/07 9:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Your alterations hav emade this dress waht it is on you. Fabulous! And the jacket will finish it off. What are you making for the wedding????????????
Nancywin said... (6/9/07 2:22 AM) Reply
I love how you sewed down the pleats. This dress looks amazing on you
Nancy K said... (6/8/07 9:57 AM) Reply
Just lovely on you. The changes you made are really flattering for you. Of course you have a lovely figure to begin with!
KathleenS said... (6/8/07 9:15 AM) Reply
Very designer!
zazzie said... (6/7/07 10:37 PM) Reply
Cindyann: I am not sure of the type of silk ! Isn't it a kind of tussah ? It has the smooth hand of a washed linen ... Too bad: I will have to go back to the fabric store on Saturday, and check the label one more time (Hee hee, an excuse to go back to the fabric store. As if I needed one ;-) Thanks for your comments everyone. I was so uncertain of the results ... Now that I have the agreement of "peers" (including some of my "PR idols"), I will wear it with confidence!
coolobreeze said... (6/7/07 9:49 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job! It looks good on you.
Sewing Geek said... (6/7/07 8:31 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress!!!
bunz said... (6/7/07 6:50 PM) Reply
would you pls send me your waist so I can make beautiful dresses like this one!!!
Puddin Pop said... (6/7/07 5:03 PM) Reply
You look great in this beautiful dress. I love all the details.
drsue said... (6/7/07 3:49 PM) Reply
Wow!! Awesome job indeed.
christine A said... (6/7/07 3:35 PM) Reply
That dress could not be any more perfect!! The fabric and style and color all look like a very expensive dress!! And you are the perfect model!!
cboots said... (6/7/07 3:03 PM) Reply
This dress really suits you. You've taken an already nice dress and made it Super! Your changes add that special touch that make it look stunning.
Jane S said... (6/7/07 2:08 PM) Reply
Superb dress for you. Lovely design, color, proportion. Oooh la la.
AudreyD said... (6/7/07 1:11 PM) Reply
Stitching the pleats down longer is brilliant. I just finished this dress, and it's a little too big... I'm going to try stitching my pleats down to see if it helps. Your dress is just wonderful!
Hilary said... (6/7/07 12:35 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful-the changes you made really add to it; you look so elegant! Thanks for the inspiring review!
SewLil said... (6/7/07 11:22 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous and it looks great on you. I love your idea of sewing the pleats down.
Kay Y said... (6/7/07 11:21 AM) Reply
Quelle belle robe! I really like the changes you made which have made me think (again) that maybe I *Need* this pattern in my already-vast collection.
cindyann said... (6/7/07 11:08 AM) Reply
I love your dress. What a great pattern! What kind of silk did you use?
KaraKai said... (6/7/07 10:18 AM) Reply
Lovely! Fits you perfectly :)
AnneM said... (6/7/07 9:40 AM) Reply
Very pretty, and you have the perfect type of figure for this style. You might want to start w/ a smaller skirt size next time if you took a bunch off.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/7/07 9:09 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress and it certainly accentuates your little tiny waist. Great job.
Karine said... (6/7/07 8:52 AM) Reply
The dress is simply beautiful. I love the pleating - so much nicer than the pattern.
MelissaB in WA said... (6/7/07 8:22 AM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous!!! I love how you lengthened the pleats - I'm going to have to try that on my next version. Stunning!
yummymummy38 said... (6/7/07 8:15 AM) Reply
beautiful, highlights your tiny waist. wow!
KrystalL said... (6/7/07 8:13 AM) Reply
Seeing all of these reviews of this pattern is making me really want to sew this! Your dress is absolutely lovely and extremely flattering on you. Enjoy the party!
Henrietta Talfourd-Jones said... (6/7/07 8:10 AM) Reply
What a beautiful job, well done
HenriettenDK said... (6/7/07 4:40 AM) Reply
Lovely!
valerie sews said... (6/7/07 3:33 AM) Reply
Just beautiful and very chic. This pattern is on my wish list.
yorkshire lass said... (6/7/07 3:30 AM) Reply
Ooh, gorgeous dress and love the fabric. Hope you enjoy the party.
Vonnevo said... (6/7/07 3:24 AM) Reply
Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Erica B. said... (6/7/07 2:44 AM) Reply
The dress is beautiful and looks fabulous on you!
Verosews said... (6/6/07 11:58 PM) Reply
Great idea on the pleating. I think I will try that on my version and see how it comes out. Maybe I won't look so pregnant. BTW, it looks great on you!
SansSouci572 said... (6/6/07 11:35 PM) Reply
Nice interpretation!
pamici said... (6/6/07 11:17 PM) Reply
Outstanding! Comparisons to Audrey Hepburn may be getting a bit cliche, but you are the spitting image.
ts said... (6/6/07 11:17 PM) Reply
Hello - Your dress is gorgeous. I was wondering if someone wanted to add sleeves to the shirt, do you think that would be possible?
craftyshark said... (6/6/07 11:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! I love the alterations. Thanks for sharing :)
Lori V said... (6/6/07 11:01 PM) Reply
Great job on the pleat choice, the dress looks incredible on you.
Dmd4106 said... (6/6/07 10:49 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, lovely details..
Ingiepops said... (6/6/07 10:41 PM) Reply
Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. Well done, it really flatters your figure.
sewbehind said... (6/6/07 10:40 PM) Reply
Oh, that is so beautiful on you. Shows your figure to perfection. Great job on changing the pattern to suit you.
Linda G said... (6/6/07 10:34 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful dress. The fabric is wonderful
sandrasdaughter said... (6/6/07 10:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful!
frame said... (6/6/07 10:11 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful.
MissCelie said... (6/6/07 10:00 PM) Reply
Sold out for me too when I tried to buy it. I *really* want it now. Stitching down the pleats is inspired. Your waist looks teeny this way.
Sew4Fun said... (6/6/07 9:56 PM) Reply
Divine dress! I like how you sewed the pleats down. It's very flattering.
CarolynGM said... (6/6/07 9:50 PM) Reply
Great decision to stitch those pleats down. This makes the style much more flattering to your figure than the original pattern. Beautifully done. I look forward to more reviews from you.
nicegirl said... (6/6/07 9:45 PM) Reply
Man, I already wanted this pattern the last time there was a sale on simplicity and it was out. Now I *really* want it.
NylaJ said... (6/6/07 9:42 PM) Reply
you did a wonderful job on your dress and most of all it looks classy on you like you bought it at Macys. Very Cute! With the Jacket Excellent!
Cowtown Karen said... (6/6/07 9:40 PM) Reply
I love your dress! You did a beautiful job!
zazzie said... (6/6/07 9:27 PM) Reply
Ok - I think that the pictures are up ! Thank you for reading.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2015-109