Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Suitability> 5500 (Womans Collarless Show Jacket)

Reviewed by:PrairieTides

About PrairieTidesstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 1/25/03
Posted on:11/21/05 7:08 AM
Last Updated:2/3/03 2:56 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Gigi Louis said... (2/4/03 8:10 PM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful and you look so beautiful in it! I don't think I'll ever have the need for equestrian clothing but I have enjoyed seeing yours and reading your review. How lucky that you have your own horse. :-)
Charmaine said... (2/4/03 0:48 AM) Reply
Lots of personality - you, your horse and your jacket. The pictures are lovely. Thanks for sharing the information on what makes these patterns equestrian. That makes good sense and is interesting know.
PrairieTides said... (2/3/03 10:53 PM) Reply
On what makes Suitability's patterns specifically equestrian from their website: "It's not the sewing - it's the fitting. Many of today's fashions are loose-fitting and nonconstructed. Most riding apparel, especially show apparel, is close-fitting and has very rigid requirements for sleeve length, hem length, etc." When you are showing, you want to judge to be able to see your body position, so you need close fitting clothes that look good while sitting, allow your arms and shoulders to move freely, and are comfortable. You don't want a jacket to ride up and show your back, or be so long that you end up sitting on it. The front on these jackets is raised just enough to give a peek at your belt buckle, and the back covers the belt loops. Hope that explains it a little! I'm not making show clothes, I just like the style (western stores charge $80-$200 for a jacket like this). Jean Hardy also has equestrian patterns.
Mary Vogt said... (2/3/03 6:47 PM) Reply
It looks great! I'm curious, what makes it specifically equestrian?
Teri said... (2/3/03 1:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for fixing the picture link. I love your jacket. I have made the chaps from this pattern company. They turned out great!
GorgeousFabrics said... (2/3/03 10:03 AM) Reply
Oh, I love it! What a classic jacket, even for those of us who don't ride!
Rhonda Noah said... (2/3/03 7:23 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I really liked the picture of you and your horse.
Carol Wisman said... (2/3/03 2:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful Jacket, thanks for the alt. pics so we could see it!!
http mom said... (2/2/03 7:09 PM) Reply
PS Oh yes, I forgot! I can not see you picture if you have time...please email it to me. My addy is: chaven@attbi.com Thanks!
http mom said... (2/2/03 7:04 PM) Reply
Thank You so much for this review! My daughter is an avid rider and it costs me a small fortune to keep her in proper riding attire. I was always worried to make one of these patterns. Now I think I may give it a try. Have you made any of the breeches from this company? Are they difficult? Many Thanks!
Teri said... (2/2/03 1:26 PM) Reply
Still no luck with the picture :-(
PrairieTides said... (2/1/03 11:48 PM) Reply
I get the "this page is not available" message sometimes too. If I refresh, it shows up. Thanks for all the nice comments!
Teri said... (2/1/03 10:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern in my stash, but I haven't made it up yet. I can't see your picture so I will check back later. Nice to know that there is another horsey person at PR!
Mel.J said... (2/1/03 8:19 PM) Reply
I can see the picture now, sometimes the online photo albums are unavailable for maintenance.
Diane E said... (2/1/03 2:26 PM) Reply
WS, this is a beautiful jacket and is so well-made! You and your horse are beautiful, too. Thanks for the detailed review and thanks for pointing out this pattern line (which I do not need, but maybe I'll just go take a little look-see anyway......)
mudcat said... (2/1/03 1:30 PM) Reply
The jacket looks great and it goes so well with your horse. :)
kerina said... (2/1/03 9:28 AM) Reply
Your jacket is really lovely, and the fabric you used works so well. I can't wait to have the skill to do stuff like this. I also love the idea that there is an equestrian pattern company out there. Thanks for the review!
Kitty said... (2/1/03 4:13 AM) Reply
How marvelous !! My family in Devonshire keeps horses, and my cousins are both equestrians. I never knew these patterns were available !!

by: shalloon